• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem when trying to install...Please help!

Tyler

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,
I'm a super newbie on all this word and I had a problem when trying to install Plesk on my server.
When I tried to install Plesk it had an error because mysql is already installed. So I did what it said below but it now seems to be stuck during the install and says: plesk System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/mysql already exist.

- Error message or request description : ***** problem report *****
ERROR while trying to establish test connection. If you are installing Plesk on an already configured MySQL server, you need to specify the administrator's credentials to succeed with the installation. To do this, you need to create a file - /root/.my.cnf with the 'client' section where you need to provide user and its password ("user = $admin_name" and "password = $admin_pass"). After installation is finished, the file /root/.my.cnf will be renamed to /root/.my.cnf.bak
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again
Synchronizing the Debian APT package index files.

- plesk System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/mysql already exist.

Thank you so much for you help! :)

Suggestions:
Either
- Set permissions of /etc/init.d/mysql to 775, set owner to root:root
or
- Deinstall existing MySQL.
Then re-run installation.

Suggestions:
Either
- Set permissions of /etc/init.d/mysql to 775, set owner to root:root
or
- Deinstall existing MySQL.
Then re-run installation.

The problem with the second suggestion is that Plesk will install MariaDB, if no MySQL installation is detected, yes?

Back