• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with DNS update of subdomain

mcgiga

New Pleskian
Dear community,

I have a Problem with DNS of subdomains. Plesk is acting as master dns server and will push dns record updates to slave dns servers of my hosting Provider.

example.com
-> DNS 1: ns1.first-ns.de
-> DNS 2: robotns2.second-ns.de
-> DNS 3: robotns3.second-ns.com

DNS records of the root domain are working without any problems. When I create a subdomain under example.com, i.e. test.example.com, those DNS records are not pushed corretly to the slave dns servers.
The reseller of plesk (my hosting provider) told me, that the dns serials are the problem but they can't help. Ofcourse as a reseller they have to, but they don't.

I have googled many many times but can't find anything related to my problem.

Maybe someone has a clue?

Regards,
dennis

Hi mcgiga

Could you say what is exactly in dns serials cause a problem? Or maybe you can show errors from logs? It can help in diagnostics.

Unfortunately not, I don't get logs from the isp provider. As far as I know and understood, dns serial don't increment so the subdomain zone is not transferred.

There are no 0 values for serial in plesk db. All records have serials. But subdomain serials don't increment and stay on the value of creations date.

Back