• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem with error pages

isabelleR

New Pleskian
hi

i have a problem with error on domains and alias domains

if i have a domain www.example.com

i want that all visits coming on aaa.example.com or *.example.com arrive on www.example.com
i put a index.php in default conf for reading url and give a link to the www.example.com
ok...that's works

but
if visits are coming on *.example.com/pagezzz.html (with pagezzz.html doesn't exist) , i have a beautiful page error with :
Not Found

The requested URL /pagezzz.html was not found on this server.

Apache Server at *.example.com Port 80

WHERE IS THIS ERROR PAGE PLEASE ?

is it generated by apache ou plesk? i can't find it to modify it...

i tried another method
i put vhost.conf in conf directory ("ServerAlias *.example.com)
this time the server accepts all *.example.com (not a good thing...yet) but it's the same thing for all pages of the site even if the subdomain doesn't exist... all links not direct (as ../page1.html) are viewed as *.example.com/page1.html....

it's not good for google, it's duplicate content...i want a error page even on theses pages...
But the good thing of this method is if *.example.com/pagezzz.html is not found, i have my error page with my script to redirect on my www.example.com...
i want this error page for all pages when the subdomains doesn't exist...

What do you think about that ?
has someone a solution ?
please support parallels...

Thanks igor

it wil be a good solution to put automaticly *.domain alias...
but that doesn't resolve my problem...

i prefer the first method : to change the error page...
but if visits are coming on *.example.com/pagezzz.html (with pagezzz.html doesn't exist) , i have a beautiful page error with :
Not Found

The requested URL /pagezzz.html was not found on this server.

Apache Server at *.example.com Port 80

WHERE IS THIS ERROR PAGE PLEASE ?

it is not the index.html in /var/www/vhosts/default/htdocs/
it is not the not_found.html in /var/www/vhosts/webspace domain/error_docs/

where is it ?

my domain doesn't have subdomains...no vhost.conf
apache refuses other alias domains that www, it's ok and good for me (it goes on the index page in default conf), but proposes an error page for the interior pages on the site, that i can't find...

Last edited:
Back