• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with IP address in Plesk

igork1

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I just purchased a new VPS from OVH with Plesk.

In Tools & Settings > IP address I see a problem:

10.0.2.15 /255.255.255.0
This IP address is not configured properly. Repair eth0 dedicated
193.70.xx.xx /255.255.255.255 eth0 shared

It’s new VPS, no domains added. Plesk 18.0.21 Update 5. Debian 8.11

I don’t observe this problem on my old VPS with Plesk 17.x - I see only one real dedicated IP address on this page.

I ignored this warning I tried to update Plesk to 18.0.23. Now I see a new warning:

Plesk pre-upgrade check
WARNING: IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken: 10.0.2.15

I ignored again this warning. I continued the upgrade. Now I have Plesk 18.0.23.

How to resolve this problem correctly?

P.S. Earlier, on my another new VPS I faced with exactly same problem. Trying to resolve this conflict, in Tools & Settings > IP address I clicked “Repair” link. And then upgraded plesk from 18.0.21 Update 5 to 18.0.23 without any warnings. But then all my websites on this VPS stopped the work. So I had to reinstall VPS from a scratch.

Attachments

• plesk-ip-address-problem.jpg
    plesk-ip-address-problem.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi,

I just purchased a new VPS from OVH with Plesk.

In Tools & Settings > IP address I see a problem:

10.0.2.15 /255.255.255.0
This IP address is not configured properly. Repair eth0 dedicated
193.70.xx.xx /255.255.255.255 eth0 shared

It’s new VPS, no domains added. Plesk 18.0.21 Update 5. Debian 8.11

I don’t observe this problem on my old VPS with Plesk 17.x - I see only one real dedicated IP address on this page.

I ignored this warning I tried to update Plesk to 18.0.23. Now I see a new warning:

Plesk pre-upgrade check
WARNING: IP address registered in Plesk is invalid or broken: 10.0.2.15

I ignored again this warning. I continued the upgrade. Now I have Plesk 18.0.23.

How to resolve this problem correctly?

P.S. Earlier, on my another new VPS I faced with exactly same problem. Trying to resolve this conflict, in Tools & Settings > IP address I clicked “Repair” link. And then upgraded plesk from 18.0.21 Update 5 to 18.0.23 without any warnings. But then all my websites on this VPS stopped the work. So I had to reinstall VPS from a scratch.
You just have to delete incorrect ip...

Thanks!
I decided to install from a scratch Debian 9 and then install Plesk manually (earlier I installed an image with Debian 8 + Plesk from the hoster).
Now a wrong IP doesn't appear, and I see only 1 real IP address.

Strange bug.

My VPS was down , i was searching for 2 days why it happened, and i found this , wrong ip adress, really strange bug

I see the same issue

10.0.2.15 / 255.255.255.0
This IP address is not configured properly.

I thought this was an internal ip address we need to keep besides external ones. So wonder if I can just delete or need to replace..

Back