• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with IP address management...

R

Ron Chatman

Noticed an issue when I select "IP Addresses" from the Server group on the Home screen. I have three IP addresses being managed by my server, one is designated exclusive and the other two are shared. The two shared addresses both show an error reading "IP address is not present on the interface. Click to repair the IP."

When clicked I get an error message that reads "IP address cannot be repaired under Virtuozzo environment." I have tried a couple of other simple fixes like restarting the DNS service and rebooting the server, but the condition remains.

This was not present before I upgraded from 9.3 to 9.5.1, nor does it appear to have a negative impact on the sites using the affected domains.

Anyone else seeing this or have an idea how to fix inside (or outside) Plesk?

Is that a VPS, using virtuozzo? Or is that a dedicated server...possibly if a vps, it is listing the other vps servers also...

It's a virtual server, which is hosted by GoDaddy. They are notoriously hands off when dealing with server clients, but this sounds like it might be something that they need to address.

I have the same exact problem.
Virtual Dedicated Server.
GoDaddy.
Plesk 9.5.1
CentOS 5

I'm having this problem too, GoDaddy VDS, happening with 2 IP addresses. I submitted a trouble ticket 36 hours ago, no word other than acknowledging they've received the ticket. Anyone have any luck yet?

I'm also having this problem, any news on how to resolve?

Phil

Same issue with

I am having the same issue as you guys, it would be nice if Parallels support gave us a little guidance.

Helpful Support...not

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Server Support.

I have reviewed your issue with the 'IP Address is not present on the interface' error messages in your Plesk control panel. This error is caused by the Plesk control panelbeing unable to properly read the IP addresses assigned to the 'lo' interface. This interface is a loopback address. This is a reporting error and will not affect server performance or functionality. You can still utilize the IP addresses, assign them to domains, and they will resolve to the server.

I appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. If you have any additional questions regarding your server please reply to this message and we will be happy to review them.

Please contact us if you have any further issues.

Back