• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question problem with ipv6 address

pipeman1981

New Pleskian
Hej guys,

I've some troubles with an ipv6 address that no longer exists:

Code:
root@server:/etc/nginx# ip a
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default qlen 1000
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
2: venet0: <BROADCAST,POINTOPOINT,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group default
    link/void
    inet 127.0.0.1/32 scope host venet0
    inet 89.22.126.150/32 brd 89.22.126.150 scope global venet0:0

But for Plesk, it's still there:
Code:
root@server:/etc/nginx# plesk bin ipmanage -l
State Type IP                                   Clients Hosting PublicIP
0     S    venet0:89.22.126.150/255.255.255.255 0       18
1     S    venet0:2a02:2b80:1:0:5652::b1f/128   0       2

How do I get rid of these 2 domains still using the ipv6?

I already tried plesk repair web, but that failed:
Code:
IP address not found on interface(s): 2a02:2b80:1:0:5652::b1f ..... [ERROR]

Thanks in advance for your appreciated help,
pipeman1981

It looks like you still have two sites assigned to the IPv6. I would set the IPv6 for those sites to none, then try removing the IP again.

1) Login to Plesk GUI
2) Tools & Settings > IP Addresses
3) Click on the number of IPv6 addresses (rightmost column of your IP address list)
4) For each domain in that list:
4.1) Click on "Web Hosting Access"
4.2) Set IPv6 to "None"
4.3) Click "OK"

Once done, you can remove the IPv6 entry from your IP list.

Yeah, that is basically my problem, I have no IPv6 option anywhere in Plesk UI. Under IP address, I only see my IPv4 address which is selected.

That is not possible. If (2) from above shows an IPv6 line it also includes a number in the rightmost colum. When you click on that number you will for sure see a list of domains that are using IPv6. And if you click on domains from that list, you'll be forwarded to their Websites & Domains page.

Please provide a screenshot of
- your IP address list,
- the list of domains from step (3) above,
- the page where you have clicked on "Web Hosting Access" for one of these domains as described in step (4.1) above.
Please redact the original IP address(es) and domain name(s) for safety reasons before posting the screenshots.

Thank you for the screenshots. I think the issue can be solved by using the Web Configuration Trouble Shooter. Simply reconfigure the domains where the IPv6 field is missing (recreate the webserver configuration files on those). Afterwards the field should show up again and can then be set to "none". Do the reconfiguration only on these two specific domains.

Ok, thanks so far, but I'm not successful yet. I now deinstalled nginx, now every domain is fine again except the two having the IPv6 address. On these two, I tried a plesk repair web domain.com, but without sucess:

Code:
root@server:~# plesk repair web domain.net

Checking web server configuration

IP address not found on interface(s): 2a02:2b80:1:[...]f ..... [ERROR]

Broken binding for domain: domain.net ........................... [ERROR]

Repair web server configuration for domains domain.net? [Y/n] Y
    Repairing web server configuration for the domain domain.net .. [OK]

One or more IP addresses registered in Plesk
  (2a02:2b80:1:0:[...]::b1f) are missing from the server\'s network
  interfaces. Domains assigned these IP addresses (domain.net,
  server.domain.net) are unreachable. Assign valid IP addresses to
  these domains and rebuild the server configuration files .......... [WARNING]

Error messages: 2; Warnings: 1; Errors resolved: 0

exit status 1

Are you using the Plesk DNS tool? In that case, does the domain have an IPv6 (AAAA) entry there? Can you remove it from DNS?

I am not sure why "Broken binding for domain: domain.net ...." finishes with an "ERROR" if that component is not in use.

Argh, I'm so stupid. I deleted every DNS records on the domains but did not stop BIND. I did that now. After that, I just clicked OK on the webhosting access dialog of one of the two domains stil having an IPv6 address. After that, the 2 disappeared and I could delete the IPv6. Thank you so much for your support.

Back