• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with Lets Encrypt / SSL IT

nucknuck

Basic Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I hope to get help with the following problem:

System: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS
Plesk: Version 18.0.38 Update #2

Issue:

2 cronjobs, run once a hour (installed by default with plesk and the extensions)

/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/letsencrypt/scripts/keep-secured.php'
/opt/psa/admin/bin/php -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php '/opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/sslit/scripts/keep-secured.php'

Problem:

Every hour the cronjobs cause that the ssl certifivates of all domains will be checked and renewed.
This causes many apache and nginx restarts and after 5 hours I get an error from the lets encrypt api according to muchg requests in a certain time (block for 168 hours).

What is going wrong?
Plesk basic setup, created subscription with domain and created certificate.

Tried to deinstall and reinstall both extensions - the same.

Anyone out there who can perhaps tell me if these cronjobs are correct in trying to renew the certificates each hour?!

Normally the extensions should detect that the certificates do not need to be renewed yet. That should only happen when the remaining lifetime is less than a month.
Premature retrieval should only happen if a) the option was given to force renewal b) the certificates are missing.
Do both extensions renew the certificates or only one of them? It should be possible to tell from the emails.
If it is just one of them, there must have a forced renewal sneaked into its configuration.
If both, then they are somehow desynced and toss out each other's certificates.

Try disabling one set of cronjobs (letsencrypt has 2, sslit 4) to see what happens.

Hello together...

I really need help because the automatic tasks for lets encrypt and SSLit are still causing errors.

As I have described, the tools keep trying to renew the certificates.
Every hour, always because of the cron job.

As a result, this error occurs. The same thing happens every new hour (cron job).As a result it happens

Code:
[2021-11-09 07:55:02.140] 7911:618a1b45234ba ERR [extension/sslit] Unable to renew domain  example.com certificate automatically Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-order.
Details:
Type: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited
Detail: Error creating new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: example.com,webmail.example.com,www.example.com: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/

Back