• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem with mail after upgrading

I tried that but now I am getting this instead:
"The RETR command did not succeed. Error retrieving a message. Mail Server mail.domain.com responded: Can't open the message file - it's gone!"

I am also experiencing this problem, and although taking the steps above seems to have fixed the login issue, I am not receiving any mail from these accounts (which, from what I've read in other threads, is also happening to other users).

Any idea what to do next? I am sort of at a loss.

[EDIT]

I should also note that although accessing mail through my desktop email client works ("works" as in "authenticates", but i have yet to receive mail through these accounts), webmail is still broken. I use the same account and password but webmail will try for a long time and eventually return an error saying that either the username or password is incorrect. Perhaps a problem with DNS or an apache conf?

[/EDIT]

There is a new hotfix that is supposed to fix the following:

What's new in Plesk v.7.5.2 hotfix
===================================
[-] Proble with mail name rename/password change is rosolved.
[-] Files uploaded through anonymous FTP get proper owner.
[-] Semaphores do not leak anymore.

Edit: My Mail is now working, hopefully I can figure out why there is no content on many pages in Plesk now.

Get it at ftp://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/

I've yet to upgrade my system, and frankly I don't have the time to deal with these types of problems. Has anyone installed the Upgrade from Freebsd 4.9 7.1.6 to 7.5.2 and had it work correctly or are people still experiencing problems?

the fix solved all my problem, thank you

now all freebsd user can upgrade plesk with no problem

i have the same problem with the password im running Plesk 7.5.2 on FreeBSD 5.3 and the modifications i made in (/usr/local/psa/courier-imap/etc/pop3d ) file still didn't fixed my problem. And one more thing, on the service status screen imap/pop3 servers seems to be down but the service is running on the shell, so could that possibly be the problem?

For FreeBSD 4.9 Plesk support told me to add these lines to the following files:

pop3d
pop3d-ssl
imapd
imapd-ssl

Support corrected this on my server for me.

The post 2 up quotes:
on the service status screen imap/pop3 servers seems to be down

Has anyone fixed this?
I have run the plesk patch that fixed the 'no mail' issues
but still this bug is there.
Mail is working, but of course in the back of my mind 'or is it?' :confused:
Would love to see that green button. Anyone fixed it?
Thanks

seems that both courier-imap in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ and also in xinet.d are enabled.

Hence, one will get errors like this:
arkserver pop3d.rc: bind: Address already in use

I figure this is the problem, but which should be disabled?

Hi all,

I tried the solution with the command
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v

and it was working for around 20 minutes until it crashed again with the error message
deferral:Aack,_child_crashed._(#4.3.0)/

Running the command fixes the problem again for another 20 minutes or so.

I've tried to apply the patch again but it always tells me that the patch is already installed. Rebooted the server as well but wihout any luck.

I am running Plesk 7.5.2 together with SuSE 9.1 and the MTA is Qmail.

Over and our

Hello sw_joha,

The solutions provide in this thread, were mostly
for the FreeBSD release.
Is it possible, in your case, the system is resource
starved?

----deferral:Aack,_child_crashed._(#4.3.0)/
I would suggest contacting Sw-soft, and provide them
the core file the crash left behind.

Cheers.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Sadly SW-Soft does not give me any support as I got Plesk thru 1 & 1 so I need to talk with them...and we all know how good the support is there.

My recourses are ok on all levels, I checked the log and the first error pops up at the same time that I did Plesk update via the web console. I'm going to cron the command until I find a fix as that seems to be working. The emails are queued up until the cron kicks off every 20 minutes and then delivered.

Do you have any other ideas and thanks in advance.

Update : I found out the source of the problem, everytime the server runs the below cron I get the problem /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/insert_odeiavir >/dev/null 2>&1

any ideas?

Ive had problems with mail to, after changing the /etc/pop3d and imapd files with the mentioned solutions with authmodule = authpsa all works ok now.

However the services tab still shows service not running.

ps aux gives me running processes tho.

I have fixed this problem by editting rc.d/courierimap changing this line:

'status')

status "$COURIERTCPD"
exit $?

into:

'status')

status "/usr/local/psa/courier-imap/sbin/courierlogger"
exit $?

I do NOT know if this is the right thing!

Changing this line it will look for courierlogger as a running process instead of couriertcpd

I still have 1 email problem

Now I still have 2 problems left. The mail is working better, but certain messages do not get delivered to certain domains especially AOL addresses, and the services still show pop3 not starting.

AOL? Probably becuase you don't have a pointer record for your hostname..

I also tried:-

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v

and I get this error:-

mchk: Not an executable file: '/etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail'
System error 11: Resource temporarily unavailable
mchk: Not an executable file: '/etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail'
System error 11: Resource temporarily unavailable

The reason for that is that qmail file in ../init.d/ is 0 bytes in size!

I can actually log in to the email account, it's just that Qmail is down and no email get send/delivered.

Even if I run qmail_install_post.sh in the /var/qmail/bin directory, I get this error:-

===> Reading /etc/tomcat4/tomcat4.conf ...
===> Updating /etc/psa/psa.conf...
===> Reading /etc/psa/psa.conf ...
Trying to set up default qmail permissions... done

===> Installing Qmail server
Trying to set maillog file to /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog... done
Configuring Qmail...
Trying to define super-server internet daemon type... xinetd
Trying to comment out old record for service smtp... done
Trying to set up record for service smtp... done
Trying to restart xinetd daemon... done
Trying to comment out old record for service smtps... done
Trying to set up record for service smtps... done
Trying to restart xinetd daemon... done
Trying to generate SSL certificates for TLS sessions... done
Trying to register service qmail... using /sbin/chkconfig
service qmail does not support chkconfig

WARNING!
During the register found some small problems(see log file: /tmp/psa_7.5.2_RedHat_9_build75050128.10_installing.log)

Continue...

done
Trying to register qmail in alternatives... done
Trying to start Qmail services... done
Trying to stop Qmail services... done

Pleas help !

Thanks for the help, Qmail seems to be working pretty good now that I am running freebsd 5.3 and the newest version of plesk reloaded. I am completely reconfigured+upgraded.

so...

I have been forcing the installation of each previous version of Qmail for each of the older versions PLESK until it installed properly.

Once that was done, then I started upgrading it again, it is currently running...

Fingers crossed it will continue to do so...

Back