• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with migrating from Plesk to Plesk

W

wyrix

When I try to migrate from my old Plesk server to a new one (both Plesk 8.6), I got some weird errors and I can not find a way to fix them.

The XML file /usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml was not parsed successfully with the following errors:
/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml:75:parsererror :AttValue: ' expected <mailuser-permission allowed="true ^/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml:75:parsererror :attributes construct error <mailuser-permission allowed="true ^/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml:75:parsererror :Couldn't find end of Start Tag mailuser-permission line 75 <mailuser-permission allowed="true ^/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml:75:parsererror :premature end of data in tag mailuser line 73 <mailuser-permission allowed="true ^/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml:75:parsererror :premature end of data in tag mailsystem line 69 <mailuser-permission allowed="true ^/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml:75:parsererror :premature end of data in tag domain line 47 <mailuser-permission allowed="true ^/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml:75:parsererror :premature end of data in tag client line 3 <mailuser-permission allowed="true ^/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml:75:parsererror :premature end of data in tag migration-dump line 2 <mailuser-permission allowed="true ^

When I look into the mentioned file ("/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-11-27-19.47.00.458426/dump.xml"), I see that there are a lot of "^@" displayed at line 75 (the line of the first error).

Can anyone tell me how to fix the problem? I really get stuck and this error returns for all clients and domains.

Best regards,
Rik Wijnen

In addition to my first post;

I can see in the XML that the error at the moment only exists in the tag "mailuser-permission" for the key "multiple-sessions":
<mailuser-permission allowed="true^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@" name="multiple-sessions"/>

I found that this is a permission for a mailuser for which I can not find any record in the "Permissions" table in the "psa" scheme.

Maybe this can help to fix the problem...

Hello!
Looks like this strange value is in your psa database.

Could your check this?

If you have only one such user, please try change this permission for mail user and the migrate again.

Thank you.

Well,

Whatever domain I select the migration will fail. Always with the same reason (which I mentioned before).
It does not happen when a domain hasn't got any mail account. But that's not the way it should be, I think?

Can anyone help me?

I have been looking for the problem in the database and Plesk.
I found that I can't select "allow multiple sessions" in the mail preferences. That is, I can select, but it doesn't save when I say it has to. Somehow the value is not stored in the database.

Jees! What a terrible software for migration! Sorry to say that, but it doesn't work as it should be.

What I did so far:
* I made a migration, just the way as it should go. Then Plesk returns an error and I selected "keep the temporary files".
* Then I removed all "^@" in the dump file.
* Then I moved all the contents of the latest migration-directory (something like "/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-12-14-11.25.26.647689") to the upper directory (to "/usr/local/psa/PMM/var").
* Then I started a new migration, but now I select "data import". This way, you can select a failed dump-file to reprocess. But, otherwise as you should think, the "dump.xml" must be in "/usr/local/psa/PMM/var" and not in a directory like "/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/2008-12-14-11.25.26.647689". Bug in Plesk I think?!
* Now Plesk returns the following errors:

Details
Data migration from host localhost has been completed.
Error log
client psa_000001

domain diosanthos.com

Failed deployment of mail user [email protected]

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/mail.php --create [email protected] -passwd -mailbox true -aliases add:mail -cp-access true -multiple-sessions true failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during mailname creation: Unable to update the mail account properties:
The password is incorrect, use at least 5 characters. The password should not contain mail account name as its part.
Only Latin characters, no dictionary words (optional).

Can not deploy web-content of domain diosanthos.com

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/cid_unpacker /usr/local/psa/PMM/var failed with return code 1.
Stdin is
untar

Can not deploy ssl-content of domain diosanthos.com

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/cid_unpacker /usr/local/psa/PMM/var failed with return code 1.
Stdin is
untar

Can not deploy cgi-content of domain diosanthos.com

Stdin is
untar

Can not deploy webstat content of domain diosanthos.com

Stdin is
untar

Can not deploy webstat content of domain diosanthos.com

Stdin is
untar

Can not deploy ftpstat content of domain diosanthos.com

Stdin is
untar

Can not deploy error documents for domain diosanthos.com

Stdin is
untar

Can not deploy user private data on domain diosanthos.com

Stdin is
untar

Can not deploy log files on domain diosanthos.com

Stdin is
untar

Can not deploy ftpstat content of domain diosanthos.com

Stdin is
untar

Why is it so hard to migrate?!

Can anyone help me? Or tell me an other way to migrate everything?
I can backup a website and restore it at the other server. But then I need to add all clients again.
And downloading and uploading a backup-file does take a lot of time. Does anyone know where Plesk stores the backup-files? So that I can copy it directly from the old server and paste it directly on the new server?

Can anyone tell me where Plesk should save the value for "Allow multiple sessions", under "Control panel access" when i edit the mail user? It looks like this is the cause of the error...

Well, I finally did it!

The problem was that the table "mn_param" had some weird values.
I executed the folowing sql code to correct them:
update `mn_param`
set `val` = REPLACE(`val`, ' ', '');
NB: Please view the source of this page for the correct sql query!

Then, I changed all values for "multiply_login" to "false". Changing them to "true" won't work.
update `mn_param` set `val` = 'false' where `param` = 'multiply_login'

After that, the migration completed successfully!

Plesk is a wonderful product, but the errors are terrible. And so is their support!

Back