• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with migration and not sufficient enough rights to use msyqldump command (I suppose)

Alan_SP

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS7
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.45
I'm trying to migrate my websites and I have run in problem with migrating tool from plesk. Databases doesn't get created, so I tried to do manual mysqldump od databases and I see similar error:

mysqldump: Error: 'Access denied; you need (at least one of) the PROCESS privilege(s) for this operation' when trying to dump tablespaces
mysqldump: Got error: 1016: Can't open file: './xxxxx/cms_nodecategory.frm' (errno: 24 - Too many open files) when using LOCK TABLES

When I looked at it, it seems related with this update: How to fix the mysqldump process privilege error - Another Cup of Coffee

So, it does affect both migration tool and my manual process of trying to get this work.

Can anyone help me how can I give root user access to mysqldump command with full set of priviliges? I am rookie, so your help would be very much appreciated.

Just to add more this actually affects migration, as mentioned, as migrating tool is logged as root, and thus migration can't pickup content of databases, so migration fails.

Source machine is Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS, with Obisidian 18.0.34

How to get all priviliges to root user is key question, so migration tool can pack databases and transfer them to new system.

When I tried to do manual mysqldump, adding --lock-tables=false, I received this message:

mysqldump: Error: 'Access denied; you need (at least one of) the PROCESS privilege(s) for this operation' when trying to dump tablespaces

What version of MySQL or MariaDB are you using?
On old server from which I try to get database, it's mysql 5.7.33 (problem started with version 5.7)

Now, on new server I have MariaDB 5.5.68

It looks like I can't do it even with --lock-tables=false option in my mysqldump command. :(

From what I see, not even manual backup and transfer won't work. I just need some way
Can you perform a dump when you add "--no-tablespaces"?

I'm testing, looks like I have to add both these two:

--no-tablespaces --lock-tables=false

Is there any way to give root user full set of priviliges so I can use migration tool?

Could you check the privileges of the admin user in the database?

- Tools & Settings -> Database Servers
- Open PHPMyAdmin (icon on the right side)
- Click on "User accounts" and choose "admin"

What are the privileges of this user? Does it have PROCESS rights?

Does it have PROCESS rights?
It has all privileges and I checked for Process specifically and it has it.

So, admin user can do everything, but root user, I'm using to log in to server via SSH, and which is used by Migration, it just fails to do mysqldump. So, how can I give privileges to root user, when I'm using SSH?

I guess that there must be more people with similar problem?

It looks like a bug. Can you please report this?

Back