• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with outgoing mails after migration

ngelG

Basic Pleskian
Hi all, I have a problem with mails that are going to gmail, outlook etc getting SPAM after migration.

The problem can be that gmail or hotmails servers has the old IP on cache?

I have all OK, tested in mxtoolbox and mail-tester, results ( http://www.mail-tester.com/web-qA7h0P ).

SPF: OK
DomainKeys: OK
Relays: Closed
rDNS: OK

Headers:

The Port25 Solutions, Inc. team

==========================================================
Summary of Results
SPF check: pass
DomainKeys check: pass
DKIM check: neutral
Sender-ID check: pass
SpamAssassin check: ham

Details:

HELO hostname: genetikasystems.com
Source IP: 85.214.209.99
mail-from: [email protected]

----------------------------------------------------------
SPF check details:
Result: pass
ID(s) verified: [email protected]
DNS record(s):
1947gin.com. SPF (no records)
1947gin.com. 600 IN TXT "v=spf1 +a +mx -all"
1947gin.com. 3600 IN A 85.214.209.99

DomainKeys check details:
DNS record(s):
default._domainkey.1947gin.com. 3600 IN TXT "p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQD0OMkuwxwSt9xLWkHK47+y6ylElQfZuYCeLNKLRzCHmMTarjduA4snY2Uv2UXFYqd1TNWX3OfO9xaEgUDk4EnbsZyWCJHYgx9Xy7NuUXiXuEbrrG4yfbkBAv5zGW5TS5iOz4wV5mFngR8W2rETpD5rCOdJgLSJxk2o86/grhcWsQIDAQAB;"

DKIM check details:
Result: neutral (message not signed)
ID(s) verified:

NOTE: DKIM checking has been performed based on the latest DKIM specs
(RFC 4871 or draft-ietf-dkim-base-10) and verification may fail for
older versions. If you are using Port25's PowerMTA, you need to use
version 3.2r11 or later to get a compatible version of DKIM.

Sender-ID check details:
DNS record(s):
1947gin.com. SPF (no records)
1947gin.com. 600 IN TXT "v=spf1 +a +mx -all"
1947gin.com. 3600 IN A 85.214.209.99

SpamAssassin check details:
SpamAssassin v3.3.1 (2010-03-16)

Result: ham (-2.0 points, 5.0 required)

Last edited:
Your reverse DNS entry for your specific IP is defined as "genetikasystems.com" and your SPF record defines, that "+a" ( the IP ) should be used as reference to the MX record "mail.1947gin.com", but the reverse DNS points to another domain, than your SPF - text defines ... even if you defined a valid SPF - record, it is wise to define the SPF as followed, if you use more than one domain on the same IP, to avoid failures:

v=spf1 +mx ip4:85.214.209.99 a:1947gin.com ~all

Hi UFHH01, I did it, but problem still exist.

It's happened when I migrated plesk to another VPS, but is strange, because if I send the mail via webmail from webmail.genetikasystems.ES (old vps) with acc [email protected], the mail goes to inbox, and this 1947gin domain is not pointing to genetikasystems.ES ip.

Can be maybe the gmail, hotmail, etc dns mail servers cache?

I think, right now, after change the SPF records like you said, I have my configuration perfect, and a lot of mail checkers apps says all is working perfect.

I don't know what is happens, and my clients are getting angry.

Do you know what can be the issue?

Thanks!

Be ware that it takes up to 48 hours, untill all worldwide DNS - severs are synchronized. Your new entry might not be seen immidiatly for several DNS - servers and this way you might not be sure, if your issue still exists.

I know it has to propagate, thats why I usually check it with https://www.whatsmydns.net/ , and it says propagation is end. But still not working, anyways I will wait 24-48h as you said, i will tell you tomorrow how is works.

Very thanks!!!!

I'm checking the spf records updated in a lot of online tools and all of them display me the valid spf, but the mails are still going to spam.

I have OVH as domain provider, and STRATTO as VPS provider, with 2 dns zones, like this:

OVH nameservers : ns110.ovh.net , dns110.ovh.net
OVH DNS zone image attached.
Plesk DNS zone image attached.

I was doing like this with my old VPS and all was working perfect whitout outgoing mails spam issues. In the new VPS apparently all is setting up nicely, at least the online tools says it.

Any suggestion?

Thanks !

Attachments

• ovh dns zone.png
    ovh dns zone.png
    47.4 KB · Views: 8
  • plesk_dns.png
    plesk_dns.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 9
Please post the headers of the eMails, which are redirected into the spam - folder in your google - Mail - account ( or hotmail, or yahoo ) for further investigations.

You have a lot of information in the first post of this thread about headers and here is the google mail headers:

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.140.108.164 with SMTP id j33csp696448qgf;
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:44:20 -0700 (PDT)
X-Received: by 10.194.104.170 with SMTP id gf10mr14347114wjb.88.1414601059564;
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:44:19 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from genetikasystems.com (genetikasystems.com. [85.214.209.99])
by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id hs8si7139728wib.102.2014.10.29.09.44.19
for <[email protected]>
(version=TLSv1.2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:44:19 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 85.214.209.99 as permitted sender) client-ip=85.214.209.99;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 85.214.209.99 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=[email protected]
Received: from webmail.1947gin.com (localhost [IPv6:::1])
by genetikasystems.com (Postfix) with ESMTPA id B7FA0108A1133
for <[email protected]>; Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:44:18 +0100 (CET)
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=default; d=1947gin.com;
b=EQUXsGsSjjCdnToUMp2vsea2LGNN+GvDDXkJ5qhGlLuCV7l1AaQFaczZS9TZ/BVxj+Gb705xlyGfhO2VGJanIHMngL6E2mi/rbx9KPe12hiBhS4R3W6NeOwayO6QUVTgN2qBmze8KtVdlQYrPd+3H3lrsZ+nuXvD6yrzJqZ+68k=;
h=MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Date:From:To:Subject:Message-ID:X-Sender:User-Agent;
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII;
format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:44:18 +0100
To: [email protected]
Subject: Visualizacion de cabeceras
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-Sender: [email protected]
User-Agent: Roundcube Webmail/1.0.0

Mensaje enviado para comprobar las cabeceras recibidas

Thanks you so much UFHH01.

Received: from genetikasystems.com (genetikasystems.com. [85.214.209.99])

As you can see, the eMail - server used for this eMail was "genetikasystems.com" , but there are no SPF - entries, that allow the domain "1947gin.com" to send eMails over the MX from "genetikasystems.com". Please adjust this, with a valid SPF - TXT for "genetikasystems.com" as well. Example:

v=spf1 +mx ip4:85.214.209.99 a:genetikasystems.com include:1947gin.com ~all
( or v=spf1 +mx ip4:85.214.209.99 a:genetikasystems.com a:1947gin.com ~all )
Corresponding eMail - server might not only check the DNS - entries for valid entries, but as well they might check the reverse DNS - entry ( which in your case is "genetikasystems.com" for the IP "85.214.209.99" ). Even that your SPF - entry on your domain 1947gin.com is correct and valid, a reverse check results in a fail, because you don't have a SPF - entry there. Unfortunately the headers don't point to a reverse check, but well configured eMail - server like Google, hotmail, or what ever have reverse DNS - checks.

I might have been not very clear, that's why I repeat myself, due to the case that I see, that your DNS - entries for genetikasystems.com didn't change.

A reverse DNS - entry points to a domain ( or serverdomain, provided by your provider ) and is unique. In your case, the IP "85.214.209.99" reverses to "99.209.214.85.in-addr.arpa." This entry is normally done over your provider's nameserver, where you host the domain with. Your provider also normally give you access to his nameservers, so you can add, or modify entries.
For "genetikasystems.com" you choosed Strato as your provider. Even that you have Plesk, there is a general nameserver, where the domain entries for "genetikasystems.com" are stored. You didn't make any additional entries for SPF there, as I suggested. Instead, you were changing the entries for "1947gin.com", which you are hosting over OVH.

Again the suggested entries for each two domains:

For: genetikasystems.com

v=spf1 +mx ip4:85.214.209.99 a:genetikasystems.com include:1947gin.com ~all

For: 1947gin.com

v=spf1 +mx ip4:85.214.209.99 a:1947gin.com mx:genetikasystems.com include:genetikasystems.com ~all

You have to make the entries at genetiksystems.com as well, because a reverse check will always point to that domain - so any additional domains over the IP 85.214.209.99, which you are hosting on your Strato - server should have an entry like the suggested one for 1947gin.com and EVERY additional domain on your Strato - server should be included in the domain - entries at genetikasystems.com.

Ok I understood the mechanism.

I'll try to explain my best, my English is pretty average.

I recorded genetikasystems.com on my VPS Stratto creation, is the only domain that I dont have on ovh as registrar.

¿Why I'm using OVH as domain provider and STRATO as hosting provider? Because Strato apparently blocks SPF records in their name servers and thet won't do nothing about him after calling them.

I have only an option to add a AAAA and CNAME record in the STRATO panel, and can change name servers too, in the option "Servidor de nombres del subdominio - Utilice su propio servidor de nombres" like the attached image displays.

But if I transfer genetikasystems.com to OVH, I will have no domains to do rDNS for my vps IPS (provided by strato, obviusly).

In Parallels Plesk already changed DNS from genetikasystems.com creating an SPF record like " v=spf1 +mx ip4:85.214.209.99 a:genetikasystems.com a:1947gin.com ~all " but is this internal to strato and not external from all the servers like gmail because on strato name servers this SPF record does not exist although I created it on plesk.

Do you know what can be my solution?

I am enormously grateful for your involvement and support. :)

Attachments

• strato_controlpanel.png
    strato_controlpanel.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 8
Sorry ngelG, but if a hosting provider refuse to edit the nameserver, there is only the option to choose another provider. There is no work-around to set TXT - records in the providers nameservers, even if you have the possibilty to edit your "own" nameserver with Plesk, the IP is still served over your provider, the relevant base. Please find a solution with your provider or choose another one.

I changed my provider to cubenode (excelent service), an using they're nameservers all is running perfect now. Strato is the worst provider ever I seen.

Thanks for your help. I'm at your service for all you need.

Back