• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem with Plesk Premium eMail (Kolab)

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I migrated my server to unbuntu 20.04 since this is now supported by Kolab / Plesk premium email.
All is working but the calendar.
On my mobile Android devices mails are synced, but each Outlook Client (EAS) does not sync mails at all.

I guess this is related to the calendar problems.
The apache error log is continuously giving this error:

Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'kolabicalendar.so' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/kolabicalendar.so (/opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/kolabicalendar.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/kolabicalendar.so.so (/opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/kolabicalendar.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

Is it possible that the php.ini has wrong entries so these files cannot be found? The mentioned files are just not existing in this directory. I was under the impression that Kolab is using PHP 7.3.

Best regards
Onki

Hi,

I did some research on the error message.
Neither the file /opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/kolabicalendar.so nor the (I guess thgis is a kind of typo in the code) /opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/kolabicalendar.so.so is existing on my ubuntu 20.02 server.

On my disabled server with ubuntu 16.04 an older version of kolabicalendar.so is existing but of older date. Copying this file to the new server and creatiung a copy with .so.so extension creates this error:
Code:
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'kolabicalendar.so' (tried: /opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/kolabicalendar.so (/opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/kolabicalendar.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /opt/plesk/php/7.4/lib/php/modules/kolabicalendar.so.so (libkolab.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0

Any idea what could be wrong?

Best regards
Onki

It is really hard to get in contact with support.
Any idea whom to contact to resolve the issue?
Or is there an installation package etc. available I can check if the miossing file might be there.

Best regards
Onki

Have you tried contact Plesk Support Team?

Yes I tried this but my license key was not accepted. I should contact my server provider to get support.
This does not help me because my provider does not give PLESK support.

Best regards
Onki

Yes I tried this but my license key was not accepted. I should contact my server provider to get support.
This does not help me because my provider does not give PLESK support.

Best regards
Onki
Have you read the KB article posted above?

Yes - I entered my license kley and it was mentioned that it comes from a reseller. So plesk will not give me support.

I did not buy Plesk. It was included im my virtual server package. And will not but a support ticket as it is also mentioned that Plesk is focussing on their core system and 3rd party extensions are not covered. And Premium Email is a 3rd Party extension although it seems it comes from Plesk.

Best regards
Onki

Hello,

I have opened a Ticket at my server provider. They forwarded the issue to the PLESK team and they were able to reproduce the problem on their systems.
The problem was forwarded for evaluation and bugfixing to the corresponding team.
So I hope to get this error fixed.

Is there any chance (git system etc.) to see when and if the error was fixed?

Best regards
Onki

The problem was forwarded for evaluation and bugfixing to the corresponding team.
So I hope to get this error fixed.
I thought that you are talking about bugreport to Plesk developers. If you meant bugreport to Kolab developers, then contact them.

Back