• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problem with restore ms sql server 2008 database

Ehsandamd

New Pleskian
im using plesk 11.0.9
i have a problem with restore ms sql server 2008 database after restoring the message
Error: Unable to creste database user: Database user name is invalid. Only latin letters are allowed in the database user nameerror

appear ??

how can i resolve this error

i created
database name : rastebazar
user : rastebazar
in plesk

im using plesk 11.0.9
i have a problem with restore ms sql server 2008 database after restoring the message
Error: Unable to creste database user: Database user name is invalid. Only latin letters are allowed in the database user nameerror

appear ??

how can i resolve this error

i created
database name : rastebazar
user : rastebazar
in plesk

Same here. Any help's appreciated.

This is because of the domain's name starts with a number. While creating database user, by default Plesk adds domains name prefix.

Login to Plesk using "admin" and go to Home>Tools & Settings>Database Servers>Database hosting settings
Then uncheck "Add user's login name and underscore to the beginning of database names" and "Add user's login name and underscore to the beginning of database user names"

This is because of the domain's name starts with a number. While creating database user, by default Plesk adds domains name prefix.

Login to Plesk using "admin" and go to Home>Tools & Settings>Database Servers>Database hosting settings
Then uncheck "Add user's login name and underscore to the beginning of database names" and "Add user's login name and underscore to the beginning of database user names"

Hi, we unchecked both you said but still we get following error:

Unable to create database user: Database user name is invalid. Only Latin letters are allowed in the database user name

Regards,
Hamed

try to open the backup file in notepad or notepadd ++ search for the script which says add database user. Either remove that script or remove/change the username in script. Then try to restore again.

Back