• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with shared secure bin and shopping cart software

G

good2go@

I have a problem with a a shopping cart software (shopsite) and plesk (7.5 reloaded).

We migrated all our sites from our old server to a new server. We have a secure site which we were able to share it's cgi bin folder for all 75 of our shopping cart installations and it worked fine like that because the owner was the same for both sites.

I spoke to the shopsite people and they said the owner for the secure site needs to be the same as the other domains which use the shopping cart. Permissions wise even giving 777 access to the directory and its files is not letting it work.

I guess what I am asking and what I need to do, Is there a way I can have the same owner for different sites setup?

Otherwise it seems I cannot share the secure cert for all the sites. If anyone else has any other way I may be able to accomplish this please advise.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Aaron W.

Back