• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Problem with ssl and email server

DarkKikies

Basic Pleskian
I'm going crazy.
I'm trying to use an SMTP connection to send email from a forum.
The email server is enabled and you run through webmail.
When I try to send an email through the forum the problems begin.

Code:
stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 5. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:0200100D:system library:fopen:Permission denied
error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib
error:0B06F002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_file:system lib
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

I've looked everywhere, both on the cms support forum on the internet, but I could not fixed.

How can I do?

EDIT:
Version: Plesk Onyx v17.0.17_build1700161028.14 os_Ubuntu 14.04
SMTP severs: Postfix
IMAP/POP3 server: Courier

In the vps there is 3 php version: 5.6.29, 5.5.9 (this is the version of php that runs plesk, there is a method to update the php version of plesk?!), and 7.
The

Last edited:
Hello

As you can see this is the error
SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

You are trying to use SSL but do you have legit SSL cert? You can just start using SSl if you haven't bought SSL certificate.

I haven't tried Onyx but every older plesk version including 12.5 didn't came with free SSl certificate.

Thanks for the reply Ivo,

If I wanted to disable the connection between the domain and email server via ssl, how could I do?

Let's Encrypt certificates can not be used?

EDIT: The strange things is that through webmail, I can receive and send emails without problems.

Last edited:
Back