• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Can't send emails

Zyne

New Pleskian
Hello,

I've got a problem with sending emails via smtp.
I currently hosting a board with the software named Woltlab Burning Board 4.1. So I switched my site to SSL, used a cloudflare certificate for that but I can't send a account verification mail.

Error on WBB 4.1: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

My Plesk settings:

Websites & Domains:

2rg1WHD

E-Mail:
2rfXHfa

Settings in WBB 4.1:
SMTP-Server: My Server IP (can't use domain.tld? "Can not connect to domain.tld")
SMTP-Port: 25 (587 / 465 doesn't work)

What I've tried:

1. sudo cp /etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/postfix_default.crt
  2. sudo update-ca-certificates
Error:

stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 5. OpenSSL Error messages: error:0200100D:system library:fopen:permission denied error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib error:0B06F002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_file:system lib error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

sudo chmod a+r /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/postfix_default.crt

Error: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): Peer certificate CN=`Parallels Panel' did not match expected CN=`My Server IP'

Hi Zyne,

pls. don't mix "webmail" and "mail" - certificates.

Currently, you use the certificate "/etc/postfix/postfix_default.pem" in your postfix - configuration file at "/etc/postfix/main.cf", with the standart self-signed certificate from Plesk.

If you desire to use a different certificate for your mail - server, pls. consider to head over to "HOME > Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS - Certificates" and choose the desired certificate for the setting at "Certificate for securing mail". Pls. make sure, that the new certificate matches the server - hostname, so pls. check after your certificate changes with the example command:
Code:
openssl s_client -starttls smtp -connect YOUR-DOMAIN:25
... that the shown "CN" lists your domain - name, that you choosed in your command. ;)

Ok, may I ask you one more question? Just to be sure.
I can't create a ssl certificate for my hostname "vps809****.ovh.net via Let's Encrypt, so I changed this hostname to a subdomain called plesk.mydomain.com and made a A Name record for it on Cloudflare. I also changed the domain, where I can connect to the Plesk Controlpanel to plesk.mydomain.com. After that I created a certificate on cloudflare, using my main domain called mydomain.com, a wildcard *.mydomain.com, webmail.mydomain.com and plesk.mydomain.com.
And now I need to create that SSL certificate under Home > Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS - Certificates (using Cloudflare Origin and Private Key) and choose that for "Certificate for securing mail and everything should work now?

Hi Zyne,

a wildcard *.mydomain.com, webmail.mydomain.com and plesk.mydomain.com.
Wildcard certificates DON'T need additional subdomain specifications. It is absolutely enough to use "mydomain.com" and "*.mydomain.com", because this includes all possible combinations. ;)

Ok, I don't get it.

If I'm using my IP, I get this error:
PHP warning in file /var/www/vhosts/***.com/httpdocs/board/wcf/lib/system/io/RemoteFile.class.php (95): stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

With my domain instead:
Can not connect to ***.com

Some screens of my settings:

Woltlab settings:

2qsOOia

Plesk settings:
Lck1uqH.png

VvJRRKn.png

VaREtyW.png

Cloudflare settings:
T5Pnrco.png

What I'm doing wrong?

Hi Zyne,

What I'm doing wrong?
As already mentioned before, you should INVESTIGATE, if the used certificates matches the desired domain - name(s):

Use for example:
Code:
true | openssl s_client -connect YOUR-DOMAIN.COM:995 | openssl x509 -noout -text | grep DNS:
to see the output of all included domain names and the primary CN - name.

Back