• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with SSO after Upgrade to 10.4.4

DanielB1234

New Pleskian
Hello,
I'm having an error during the upgrade from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4.

This is the log

Installation started in background
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
File downloading BILLING-WIN_10.4.4/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/billing.msi: completed.
File downloading BILLING-WIN_10.4.4/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/billing-plugins.msi:completed.
File downloading BILLING-WIN_10.4.4/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/sso.msi: completed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.4.4/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/perl-conf.msi: completed.
Starting installation of packages
upgrading SSO...
MSI: Error! Critical action 'Upgrading SSO...' has been failed:
'C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\sso\scripts\upgrade.php' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
Failed to install 'C:\6ad8fe91ce048554694fd8035230a9a7\parallels\BILLING-WIN_10.4.4\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\sso.msi': Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603)
Error: Action sequence 'upgrade: upgrading SSO...' of package 'sso' has been failed with code 1603
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

--------------

I've also tried to to reinstall it manually but with the same results.

Anybody has the same problem and solved ....?

Thanks
Daniel

Ok !! Now I have the link to MSDN !!

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your prompt answer.

I've tried to restart the system and reinstall the upgrade but with the same result.

I've tried also to stop Plesk before the upgrade but ..., if you can tell me what services or open file to shutdown/close I'll try.

Sorry I'm not an analyst or Programmer your link maybe will be usefull to R&D of Parallels, I need more high level information to solve the situation.

Thanks
Dan

I think that you may contact Parallels Support Team if you can't investigate and fix this issue by yourself. They will check problem directly on your server and fix it.

Hi Igor,

The idea is not bed, but Support Team will dropping the ticket to one to each other and will take 15 days ending out "Way you don't consider to install a box from scrach!!" (Happend before !!)

So let's take this way, if I want to uninstall SSO and install form scarch only that service, can you give me some tips ?

Thanks
Daniel

Try to remove SSO completely with following steps:

Disable SSO:
%plesk_dir%/bin/sso --disable

Uninstall packages
SSO:
msiexec /x {C6BBAF8C-5AD9-4f1f-934B-6B9A3F253CB1}

Customer & Business Manager Plugins:
msiexec /x {45E810DF-BDCF-435B-AEFB-EE13254A1172}

Customer & Business Manager:
msiexec /x {6E66E82A-031D-4f68-9386-00EB63B766D6}

defpackagemng.exe --get --force
defpackagemng.exe --fix

Remove SSO database:
Remove or rename file: %plesk_dir%\db\sso.db

Then try to install SSO again.

Hi Igor
Thanks again for your prompt and quick answer.

Just to clarify with this option I'll uninstall both SSO and CBM, afterwords I'll install both from the "Update & Upgrade tool" in Plesk ?

Thanks
Daniel

Hi Igor,

I think that we are nearly the solution.
Your information above seem solved the problem with SSO, but still not tested.
Regarding the SSO I assume that the problem was that was installed on c:\Plesk\sso ...I think that because the system was an upgrade from prev. Plesk Versions.

I'm experiencing with some problem on the installation of CBM, have you any clue and suggestion ?

attached the log.

Thanks

Daniel

Details: File downloading products.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading panel.inf3: 10%..23%..36%..48%..61%..74%..86%..99%..100% was finished.
File downloading ppsmbe.inf3: 26%..58%..100% was finished.
File downloading sitebuilder-addon.inf3: 23%..51%..79%..100% was finished.
File downloading billing-addon.inf3: 19%..42%..65%..100% was finished.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.4.4/panel-10.4.4-ms_w2k3-i386.inf3: 10%..20%..30%..43%..50%..64%..71%..80%..91%..100% was finished.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.4.4/panel-patches-10.4.4-all.inf3: 12%..22%..32%..42%..52%..62%..72%..82%..92%..100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER-WIN_10.4.4/sitebuilder-10.4.4-ms-noarch.inf3: 60%..100% was finished.
File downloading BILLING-WIN_10.4.4/billing-10.4.4-ms-noarch.inf3: 23%..54%..81%..100% was finished.
Detecting installed product components.
Gathering information about installed license key...
Determining the packages that need to be installed.
File downloading BILLING-WIN_10.4.4/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/billing.msi: completed.
File downloading BILLING-WIN_10.4.4/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/billing-plugins.msi: completed.
File downloading PANEL-WIN_10.4.4/dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386/perl-conf.msi: completed.
Starting installation of packages
installing Parallels Customer & Business Manager...
MSI: Error! Critical action 'Remembering database credentials...' has been failed:
Command "C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\billing-db.exe" --set --host localhost --name billing --user billing --password 88wKW9eCi8iF failed with code 254.
Output:
SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 no such column: vendor_id
Usage: C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\billing\scripts\billing-db.php [ options ]
--set Use this option to update database connection parameters.
--is-configured Use this option to check database connection parameters.
--restore-db Use this option to restore database from dump file. Required option: --backup-file. Optional: --user, --password --host, --root-user, --root-password, --overwrite-db.
--info Use this option to view information about current connection.
--host <string> MySQL database server host.
--name <string> Database name.
--user <string> Database user.
--password <string> Database user`s password.
--backup-file <string> Path to file with SQL backap dump.
--overwrite-db Try to overwrite database only while restore.
--root-user <string> MySQL root username. Use this option to get access to remote MySQL with superuser privileges.
--root-password <string> MySQL root password.
--help Display a help message and exit.
--reset-local-mysql-password Use this option to reset connection password (only for local mysql server connections).
Failed to install 'C:\6ad8fe91ce048554694fd8035230a9a7\parallels\BILLING-WIN_10.4.4\dist-msi-Microsoft-2003-i386\billing.msi': Fatal error during installation. (Error code 1603)
ERROR: Action sequence 'install: installing Parallels Customer & Business Manager...' of package 'billing' has been failed with code 1603
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.
Error report was sent successfully
Curl failed: Problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)

Hi, Daniel

Could you please provide credentials to your server (WEB/RDP)?
Engineers will try to investigate the issue right there. You can send credentials using private message.

Regards,
Eugene

MSI: Error! Critical action 'Remembering database credentials...' has been failed:

IgorG,

At one time my system kept crashing when I went to ver 10 so support logged in and did something to disable my CBM. Now My system won't upgrade and I have to get the system up to date now. I see it is the same error as DanielB1234.

Please tell me what I have to do to reenable CBM so my system will upgrade without issues.

PS. I don't use CBM and don't want too but seems when running the update, it tries to install.

Thanks,

Joe

can't upgrade to version 11

Thanks and I was able to uninstall the CBM and do updates. BUT.....

Now I want to update to version 11 from 10.4.4... Except, from the panel when I click on the Updates & Upgrades, it shows:

Parallels Plesk 9.5.5 updates... When I click on Product description, it speaks of the version 11 I wish to go to....

When Select and proceed with update, I receive the following:

A dependency problem is found: Parallels Panel has been installed.

Any suggestions? Still at 10.4.4

also I have windows 2003 x64 server, Is that compatible with Pleask version 11?

Thanks,

Joe

Continuation from Just above

after I continued with what I wrote above, I received this error:

There are no products for your operating system
( 'Microsoft' 'Windows-server' '5.2-sp2' 'x86_64' ) available
from the selected source.

hope with what I wrote above and this, you can direct me on what I need to do to go to version 11.

Thanks,

Joe

Back