• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problems installing Plesk 12 on Centos 7

bobiemac

New Pleskian
Tring to install Plesk 12 on a Centos 7 container, the first time trying Centos 7.

I am able to install Plesk using autoinstaller and one touch install methods.

After the install, I am not able to get to the panel to activate it and install the key.

Any browser I try , the https://ip:8443 does not reply. Any web site at IP does not reply, normally I should get the Plesk default page. Apache service is running, the sw-cp service is also.

Made sure that iptable service is off.

Any ideas? I have tried this quite a few times with the same results.

I´m experiencing exactly the same issue. Parallels, please help.
I´m using Virtuozzo...

Regards,
Horacio

Tring to install Plesk 12 on a Centos 7 container, the first time trying Centos 7.

I am able to install Plesk using autoinstaller and one touch install methods.

After the install, I am not able to get to the panel to activate it and install the key.

Any browser I try , the https://ip:8443 does not reply. Any web site at IP does not reply, normally I should get the Plesk default page. Apache service is running, the sw-cp service is also.

Made sure that iptable service is off.

Any ideas? I have tried this quite a few times with the same results.

HI,

No there are no errors. Everything in the installation seems to go correctly. It looks everything is installed, but the apache and cp web service are not responding.

If a I do a ps -aux I see that are running. If i do a telnet on port 80 locally it seems to respond. If I do the same from another machine, it times out. I have tried the same installation 5 times, and always get the same problem. I checked and IPtables service is not running, and I did not install the Pleask firewall.

The last test I did there is no firewall in front of the server. It is Centos 7 in a VMware container on ESXi 5.5.

I have installed over 50 servers in the last few years, and never has any issues.

This is the first time I try with Centos 7.

Regards,
Robert

Any errors in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log ?

This file has zero bytes:

CT-714-bash-4.2# ls -la /var/log/sw-cp-server/
total 12
drwxr-x--- 2 root root 4096 Aug 30 23:25 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Sep 15 04:02 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Aug 30 23:25 access.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Aug 30 23:25 error_log
-rw------- 1 root root 2228 Sep 16 04:14 sw-engine.log

I believe that it is "firewalld" issue.

# systemctl disable firewall.service

is going to allow you to communicate with the server.

After configuring your system, you should configure "firewalld".

Back