• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems occurred with the System Updates tool (pum is called with arguments)

semtidev

New Pleskian
Hi team
On January 13, I received an email from Plesk Root with the following content:

Hello, Plesk Root (built-in)
Some problems occurred with the System Updates tool on your server vmi809190.contaboserver.net. Please resolve them manually.

Reason: 2023-01-13 06:28:03 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json']
2023-01-13 06:29:06 ERROR:
2023-01-13 06:29:06 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

But checking my server from contaboserver.net in the Tools & Settings/Server Management/System Updates section shows me the message All packages are up-todate with a check on January 16 (after the error).

My question is:
Could the problem have been fixed? Or do I have to perform another type of verification?

If the message is not repeated, things will be alright. The message can be related to repositories that could not be reached temporarily.

H
If the message is not repeated, things will be alright. The message can be related to repositories that could not be reached temporarily.
i am getting daily from last 2 days as well sir, can i take it easy or do i need to solve it , will this make the website down? thanks

What happens when you click Tools & Settings > System Updates > Recheck Now?
Hello i seem to have the same problem on one of my server.
1679296681423.png
When i recheck i get this
1679296710065.png
This started happening after upgrading to Plesk 18.0.51 is that could be related by chance?

Normally the message means that a repository cannot be accessed. That can have many reasons, e.g. network issues or the mirror might be down or the repository is missing. Maybe you can run the update manager of your operating system on the console to see more details? Or you can try to check /var/log/yum.log (or the installer log for your operating system).

I have the same issue:

Error: Unable to get packages list: 2023-05-23 13:36:41 INFO: pum is called with arguments: ['--list', '--repo-info', '--json'] 2023-05-23 13:36:42 ERROR: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base 2023-05-23 13:36:42 ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.

So I can't see packages in order to update them...

Is there a solution for this ?

@Peter Debik
I'm on CentOS 6.10 and accessing plesk via SSH (Putty) on windows...
Are those commands still relevant ?

VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.31_build1800201209.09 os_CentOS 6
OSCentOS 6.10 (Final)

As CentOS 6 is long end of life I assume that the message is created because the system cannot find working repositories any longer. In that case I suggest to run "yum update" on the console to see what it suggests. But: Your Plesk version and your operating system are both outdated. There is no support for either, so I think it would be far better to use this opportunity to migrate to Almalinux 8. However, be aware that old PHP versions won't work there.

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Setting up Update Process
Determining fastest mirrors
YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http or file.
Eg. Invalid release/repo/arch combination/
removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6/base/mirrorlist.txt
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

^^ I assume from this that there are no updates available due to the age of the OS.

Maybe my best course of action would be to purchase a newer more up to date VPS and transfer everything over ?

I believe that updating the OS is going to wipe out everything on the server ?

^^ I assume from this that there are no updates available due to the age of the OS.

Maybe my best course of action would be to purchase a newer more up to date VPS and transfer everything over ?

I believe that updating the OS is going to wipe out everything on the server ?
You cannot in-place upgrade. Instead, setup a new system with a modern operating system and either use the Plesk Migrator extension to transfer contents or backup and restore.

Back