• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problems of config of Varnish using Docker

greg2017

New Pleskian
Hi everybody
I am running this domain [redacted] using Varnish under Docker and it is running perfect

Docker / Varnish

Details

Settings
For a Magento Update I transfered a copy of the shop to a dev server and changed the domain to dachbox2.ch
And set up Docker

Varnish Details

Varnish Settings:

We always got some 503 errors but after changing PHP to FMP by Apache once the error message went away and I only get the Plesk Defaut page:
But his page is not in den FTP directory.

So we think that somehow the settings are wrong or cached.
FYI: I am not a developer but I communicate with a external Linux Expert that does not know Plesk/Docker/Varnish very wel

Thanks a lot for any hints!

Gregor

Last edited by a moderator:
my developer writs me:

To define that you need to go and update the file /etc/varnish/default.vcland find the following section, that will be configured for our example purpose like this: backend default { .host = "192.168.1.2"; .port = "8080"; .first_byte_timeout = 60s; .connect_timeout = 300s;} It will instruct Varnish to listen the application running at IP 192.168.1.2 and port 8080.

where can we find this file
/etc/varnish/default.vcland

Thanks!

We did this

in /root we found a default.vcl
this was a kind of active one, but you need to put it inside of container first
commands are:
docker cp default.vcl varnish:/etc/varnish
docker restart varnish

Back