• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Problems of config of Varnish using Docker

greg2017

New Pleskian
Hi everybody
I am running this domain [redacted] using Varnish under Docker and it is running perfect

Docker / Varnish

Details

Settings
For a Magento Update I transfered a copy of the shop to a dev server and changed the domain to dachbox2.ch
And set up Docker

Varnish Details

Varnish Settings:

We always got some 503 errors but after changing PHP to FMP by Apache once the error message went away and I only get the Plesk Defaut page:
But his page is not in den FTP directory.

So we think that somehow the settings are wrong or cached.
FYI: I am not a developer but I communicate with a external Linux Expert that does not know Plesk/Docker/Varnish very wel

Thanks a lot for any hints!

Gregor

Last edited by a moderator:
my developer writs me:

To define that you need to go and update the file /etc/varnish/default.vcland find the following section, that will be configured for our example purpose like this: backend default { .host = "192.168.1.2"; .port = "8080"; .first_byte_timeout = 60s; .connect_timeout = 300s;} It will instruct Varnish to listen the application running at IP 192.168.1.2 and port 8080.

where can we find this file
/etc/varnish/default.vcland

Thanks!

We did this

in /root we found a default.vcl
this was a kind of active one, but you need to put it inside of container first
commands are:
docker cp default.vcl varnish:/etc/varnish
docker restart varnish

Back