• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems updating the gdlib

A

akany

I tried to update the gdlib on my server from version 2.0.15 to 2.0.32. I downloaded the rpm and installed it (rpm said the install was successfull and also yast says, that version 2.0.32 is installed now).
But when i look into my PHPINFO it say that still version "GD Version bundled (2.0.15 compatible) " is installed?
Do I need to do anything else to get it running? Thanks for any help ...

I believe that "GD Version bundled" means that gd was compiled into php itself, so you may have to upgrade your php to a version with a newer 'bundled' gd in it.

In your phpinfo(), near the top, look in the 'configure' options and see if it was compiled with the "'--with-gd'"

That is what the config says:

'./configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--datadir=/usr/share/php' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--libdir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--with-_lib=lib' '--with-config-file-path=/etc' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/php/bin' '--disable-debug' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-sigchild' '--disable-ctype' '--disable-session' '--without-mysql' '--disable-cli' '--without-pear' '--with-openssl' '--with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs2-prefork' 'i586-suse-linux'

Anyway, I'm would update to a new version of php to fix that problem, but is there a way to do it with plesk or yast?

Looks like your OS is Suse, which I am not familiar with. There is no way with the Plesk interface, and I am not familiar with yast, other than that it is similar to up2date/yum/apt-get in function.

Look for a Suse update site and see if you can find an updated php package. I did a quick search of the Novell update site and did not find any update to php, but someone out there may have one. Good luck! My boss and I quit working for Novell over a decade ago and we have never been happier!

Back