• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Problems with daily backup (subscription)

@seqoi You don't understand why it's possible and you are confusing things here, so please don't have this conversation and you're missing the point.

Of course your opinion has a few right points, but unfortunately also a few wrong views.

Of course I don't want to forbid you to talk, but that's a bit trashing this thread and misses the real reason, we don't want perfect backups or anything else, we just want to exclude a source of error on restoring this files with differtent status of files and database of these backups who can't be backed up correctly if the site is live during this process, ITS IMPOSSIBLE.

And the danger exists clearly e.g. with a forum.

PS. Backups are an important process and Plesk should pay attention to them.

Thank you for your understanding.

@seqoi
Of course I don't want to forbid you to talk, but that's a bit trashing this thread and misses the real reason, we don't want perfect backups or anything else, we just want to exclude a source of error on restoring this files with differtent status of files and database of these backups who can't be backed up correctly if the site is live during this process, ITS IMPOSSIBLE.
Ok i am the one missing the point.

Care to explain me how does 900 00 000 000 000 current live running forum places are running without any "domain shut down" during backup yet they are being backed up normally across Plesk, cPanel, addyourfavoritepanelhere ? And they are being normally restoreable? Do you think they have some magical script for backup?

You know how ? - They same way your Plesk is doing it!!! Hence what you are saying does not make any practical sense.

I am not trashing you. I will not trash this thread anymore if you think my opinion is trash then so be it. But please try for yourself. And then come back and tell me was i wrong. Initiate backup, post files in your forum during backup. You will have errors when backup is ended (obviously). Now try to restore that forum and let me know do you see errors in running forum. I will spare your time. You won't see them.

You are welcome. Bye.

Hello,

Now I also got this error message during an incremental backup, something has to be refined by Plesk, of course log files are not so important but something has to be refined and optimized here:
Unable to back up logs Error: Failed to create archive: backup_logs_1911200214_1911210216.tgz 9088445 Repository error: Unable to pack /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.tld/logs: /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/sw-tar: access_ssl_log: file changed as we read it

@Igor

Based on this thread and other cases, we have now started a corresponding report PPM-3074, on which we are currently working and analyzing the possibility of returning this feature (suspend domain before backup). The pros and cons of its implementation are compared, and risks are assessed.
Now I can’t say what decision will be made and how this topic will be corrected.

Hello @IgorG ,

That's a good thing, even if the mentioned feature doesn't come back, maybe Plesk will find another way to escape these problems and similars differently.

Thank you very much for your commitment :)

Back