• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with dnsmng

B

BenjS

Hi all

sice I updated to Plesk 10.4.4, I've got really troubles in creating new Subscriptions. Look like some problems with bind?

All I see in the syslog is
dnsmng[8832]: Failed to add file for zone 'foobar.com' to watch list. Zone may have not been updated in bind. Reason: boost::filesystem::last_write_time

Any idea?

Nope, only this error appears in /var/log/messages

I tried to touch the file foobar.com in /var/named/run-root/etc and then run /opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --update foobar.com. Plesk renamed the old foobar.com in some "backup" but didn't created a new one.

Rebooting psa, bind or the whole machine didn't worked also.

Cheers,
Benjamin

Tell, plz, what really broken? Have same errors (it only debug messages) but all work fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Linux h2.opentracker.net 2.6.21.7-2.fc8xen #1 SMP Fri Feb 15 12:39:36 EST 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
CentOS release 5.4 (Final)
Rightscale amazon ami, with elastic ip
Panel version 10.4.4 Update #3

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng --update example.com

ACTUAL RESULT

Nov 21 10:59:33 h2 dnsmng[25945]: Failed to add file for zone 'example.com' to watch list. Zone may have not been updated in bind. Reason: boost::filesystem::last_write_time
Nov 21 10:59:33 h2 named[20399]: loading configuration from '/etc/named.conf'
Nov 21 10:59:33 h2 named[20399]: max open files (1024) is smaller than max sockets (4096)
Nov 21 10:59:33 h2 named[20399]: using default UDP/IPv4 port range: [1024, 65535]
Nov 21 10:59:33 h2 named[20399]: using default UDP/IPv6 port range: [1024, 65535]
Nov 21 10:59:33 h2 named[20399]: no IPv6 interfaces found
Nov 21 10:59:33 h2 named[20399]: /etc/named.conf:39: using specific query-source port suppresses port randomization and can be insecure.

EXPECTED RESULT

domain to be added to /etc/named.conf

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you fort detailed report. I have forwarded it to developers for investigation.
Could you please provide output of command:

# cat /etc/fstab

thanks for quick reply

here is the output
[root@h2 ~]# cat /etc/fstab
/dev/sda1 / ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/sdb /mnt ext3 defaults 0 0
/dev/sda3 swap swap 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0

I have received following explanation from developers:
I guess nothing is really broken. On systems with a more verbose boost one would see in such case:
dnsmng[8198]: Failed to add file for zone 'example.com' to watch list. Zone may have not been updated in bind. Reason: boost::filesystem::last_write_time: No such file or directory: "/var/named/run-root/var/example.com"

I.e. the file doesn't exist at the time it is added to watch list. This is a warning, not an error. Although it says "Zone may have not been updated in bind" this can happen only on very frequent zone updates, which is not the case with zone creation (since there is no previous state for this zone).

Hi

Thanks for the quote, so If I add a new subscription/domain, this error will always appear?
Well, not really cool, but okay, I'll remember it. :)

Cheers,
Benj

ok, that sounds reasonable, but for me it is broken.

When i try to add a sub to the panel, i get this error and the subscription is not added.

Error: Unable to update domain data: Unable to restore the DNS zone: an error occurred while adding the 107.22.191.88/64 IN PTR example.com. record: Incorrect DNS record values were specified.

i though is was caused by dnsmng but perhaps its something else... ?

I'm running on amazon ec2 and ran the amazon_setup_ip copied from official plesk image http://kb.parallels.com/en/111348

ok, that sounds reasonable, but for me it is broken.

When i try to add a sub to the panel, i get this error and the subscription is not added.

Error: Unable to update domain data: Unable to restore the DNS zone: an error occurred while adding the 107.22.191.88/64 IN PTR example.com. record: Incorrect DNS record values were specified.

i though is was caused by dnsmng but perhaps its something else... ?

I'm running on amazon ec2 and ran the amazon_setup_ip copied from official plesk image http://kb.parallels.com/en/111348

It is other problem and not related to initial issue. Seems something wrong in DNS template there.

ok thanks.

can you help me in the right direction?

where can i find my DNS template and how does it need to look?

much appreciated

DNS templates configuration described in Plesk documentation...

Applying default DNS template change

Hi,

I have recently transfert my all website with helping Migration Manager from another server.

I have update server two days ago.

When I try to change default DNS template for server I have a Wait icon with this information:

Application du template de la zone DNS. (0/32 des zones sont synchronisés)

How to fix this problem ?

Same DNS Template Update Issue

After upgrade to 10.4.4 I updated the DNS template, but it has been trying to sync for the last 24 hrs. Also, having Reverse DNS issues. The main IP for the server is found with a Reverse DNS lookup, but additional IPs on the server are not and emails are getting bounced with:

550 5.7.1 Connections not accepted from servers without a valid sender

domain.nlpi170 Fix reverse DNS for 74.208.230.68 (in reply to MAIL FROM

command)

Igorg, please help.

Thanks,

Mo

Back