• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with mail sent ot domain

L

LaurynasS

Problems with mail sent to domain

I'm having problems with email sending from php. If an email is sent to an email address with the same domain where script is, the smtp error 550 occurs: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable or not local . However, emails to all other domains go successfully.
Those email addresses are configured on external domain control panel, not in Plesk, therefore server thinks that such mailboxes don't exist.
Is there any simple and correct way to solve this problem and allow to send emails to not local mailboxes with the same domain?
Currently, I have to disable mail service in the Plesk for the domain to allow sending emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is normal behaviour as a mail server will always look in the local address map table before using the DNS to resolve. So if the local domain is local it will not be sent out. You maybe able to use a domain smart host feature to ensure that all mail is sent to a remote server first although without more information on what email server you are using I cannot tell you more.

Back