• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems with mail server, some emails don't arrive

straddi

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.58 #2
Hi,
Not all emails reach me. As a test, I ordered a newsletter from a reputable company to my Plesk email address. This registration is not received. But it doesn't end up in the spam filter and I have no idea why that could be. Everyone arrives within the Plesk domains. For example, some account reset emails do not arrive on this Plesk account. If I send the emails to, for example, [email protected], they are there immediately.
Emails sent from my gmail account always arrive.

Best regards Straddi

Have you searched your /var/log/maillog file for the sender of the missing mail? If it shows up there will also be a reason given why it is deferred.

I have made. The address is not included there. The time in which you should have arrived is included in the protocol

If the mail address of the sender is not mentioned in the log, the sender's server never tried to transmit it to your mailserver. The only things you could check in such a case is whether your MX entry is valid and resolving to your mailserver and whether the sender is using the correct address.

All email accounts on my server are experiencing the same thing. Email seem to have stopped at some point yesterday
Feb 15 11:44:06 cp postfix/smtpd[16690]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-pl1-f179.google.com[209.85.214.179]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [209.85.214.179] blocked using zen.sp amhaus.org; Error: open resolver; https://check.spamhaus.org/returnc/pub/138.197.170.192/; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-pl1-f179.google.com>

I followed this https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...s-rejected-by-Spamhaus-BL-Error-open-resolver and turned off the blackhole list and my email is working again. So, it appears—at least for me—the issue is something that happened with spamhaus and not plesk.

That's a different situation now. You are using the zen.spamhaus.org list in your mail server configuration. Fast solution: Remove it from there. If there are other spamhaus lists, also remove them. Real solution: Do not use an open resolver in your /etc/hosts file, but instead use some private resolver, such as the ones that your data center provides.

Back