• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Problems with Mailserver and multiple Domains on Plesk

René Schreiner

New Pleskian
Hi Folks.

First of all, sorry for my English. I have a little Problem with my new root-server with Plesk Onyx. I'm hosting multiple domains on my server (just one IP-Adress). When I check these Domains with MXToolbox, I always got the same Warnings:

- Name Servers are on the Same Subnet
- SOA Expire Value out of recommended range
- Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner

I think the first and second warning is no problem. But I´m not sure about the third. A.E. every time I write mails to a outlook.com or gmx account, the mails marked as spam. I really want to get rid of this third but I don't know, what to do. My PTR points to the FQDN of my server. Is there anyone who can give me a hand?

Regards
René

1. check server hostname and confirm its pinging correctly to server ip
2. Check reverse dns of the ip and confirm it is having reverse dns matching to the above Server hostname.
3. In Plesk >> Tools and Settings >> Mail Server settings , make sure you have selected the correct ip as outgoing mail server ip.
4. Make sure you have Mail Server having proper SSL Cert having Server hostname (This can be set in Plesk >> SSL certificates >> Mail server (Letsencrypt)

Normally these should help you to fix it. If you can get me the ip we may be able to check it more but it is good to have a sysadmin to check that if you have no idea on the plesk settings

Hi Sumesh.

Thanks for your help. I checked all these points already and all of them are working correctly. I still get these Warnings from MXToolbox. The IP of the server is 81.169.137.242 maybe you see something I don´t see. Thanks for your help!:)

Can you got to Server Settings and change the server hostname to the www version from the plesk interface ? Rdns is showing "www.sfb-server.de." and telnet is showing
sfb-server.de.

Server hostname and Rdns should be matching.

[root@server1 ~]# telnet 81.169.137.242 25
Trying 81.169.137.242...
Connected to 81.169.137.242.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 sfb-server.de ESMTP Postfix (Ubuntu)

[root@server1 ~]# host 81.169.137.242
242.137.169.81.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer www.sfb-server.de.
[root@server1 ~]#

Seems you changed the hostname and that fixed I hope . I just revisited that and can see the hostname is fixed and is with www . Can you please confirm

upload_2018-7-6_11-29-9.png

Last edited:
Hello Sumesh.

Thanks for your advise. This solved the problem with the smtp banner. But i still get another problem. When I send mails to outlook.com or gmx they always marked as spam. Any suggestions on this?

If you are not sending any bulk mails, then submit a whitelist request and that should fix it . It will take some time to pick up the change in dns and rdns made and that may have caused this.

Hi everyone please can anyone help me?

I have recently setup a Plesk Onyx Server on a Windows Server 2016 Virtual Machine environment.

I have got 2 domains running on the server which will be each hosting a website and also sending and receiving emails.

I am able to to sent email to outlook.com, gmail.com, hotmail.co.uk, and also my other email domain but when i send i email to a number of private domain names, i get this message:

MailEnable: Message could not be delivered to some recipients.

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Recipient: [SMTP:*****@thelegal.group]

Reason: Remote SMTP Server Returned: 550 5.7.0 Your server IP address [removed for this purpose] is missing a reverse DNS entry. See Check IP Reverse DNS | Spam Auditor Blog for more information. Protection provided by MagicSpam 2.0.18-1 MagicSpam: Anti-Spam Protection Software for Email Servers

however the domains i am trying to send emails to, to test the server, i can receive emails from them domains.

if i require a reverse DNS how do I set this up.

please can you help me?

thanks

Back