• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

problems with MySQL server (MariaDB)

f6n5i4qweuf

New Pleskian
Hi,

on the weekend I started renting a VPS from 1&1 and I now try to configure and update it. I chose openSUSE 13.1 with Plesk 12 (I can chose images from my provider to restore).

Unfortunately, I encounter problems with the MySQL server (MariaDB), when I try to update Plesk via
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller
, I get the following error:
Code:
===> Upgrading database

Trying to start service mysql... done
 Trying to establish test connection... connected
done
 Trying to find psa database... version is 012000018
Version is OK, no need to create psa database.
 Trying to backup MySQL database... Warning: Not dumping MySQL database 'horde' as it doesn't exist
Warning: Not dumping MySQL database 'atmail' as it doesn't exist
done
 MySQL databases are dumped to /var/lib/psa/dumps/mysql.preupgrade.12.0.18-12.0.18.20140812-154146.dump.gz
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
 Trying to allow INNODB engine... done
Restarting mysql Trying to restart service mysql... Job for mysql.service failed. See 'systemctl status mysql.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

WARNING!
Some problems are found during restart(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log)

Continue...

ERROR while trying to restart MySQL
Check the error reason(see log file: /var/log/plesk/install/plesk_12.0.18_installation.log), fix and try again

Even if I just enter
Code:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa
and then try to run
Code:
status
in MariaDB, I already receive an error:
Code:
ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
Connection id:    1
Current database: psa

ERROR 2006 (HY000): MySQL server has gone away
No connection. Trying to reconnect...
ERROR: Can't connect to the server
However, Plesk works fine if I don't try to update it (update via Plesk Panel also fails, respectively hangs and doesn't continue).

It's probably just a little thing to do but it I've googled so much and I still can't get it work.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much in advance!

Back