• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems with Plesk and its configurations

Blade777

New Pleskian
When working on the trial version of Plesk Onyx (Version 17.8.11 Update # 65), there were enough problems.
  1. When the * .example.com rule is registered on Azure DNS, the server responds to all subdomain queries (also direct to the IP address). How to make the server respond only to running hostnames?
  2. Why does the whole Apache restart after changing the configuration of one site (for example: it changes php to another version, all sites go to 502). How to solve this problem?
  3. If a person wrote the wrong config on Nginx or Apache within one site, all sites do not respond. With this, I had a lot of problems when I inserted the config on Nginx from your site, all sites stopped working due to one hostname.
  4. How to transfer Plesk to a subdomain with port 80> call forwarding> 443?
  5. How to get the trial version on the Hosting Pack to install and test everything?
  6. What kind of config is needed to redirect a site that is on the local network (for example: Plesk Nginx > Zabbix http://10.0.0.10/zabbix/)?

2) See How to enable/disable Apache graceful restart in Plesk

3) Both, Nginx and Apache, are designed to not to start when a single configuration part is incorrect. What Plesk would need is a second, shadow web server on a nonsense port, on that configuration changes are tested before they are approved and applied to the real web server. Currently, all changes are applied to the public, real web servers. Consider formulating a user voice request for that kind of dry run testing: Feature Suggestions: Top (1436 ideas) – Your Ideas for Plesk It would sure be nice to have.

When the * .example.com rule is registered on Azure DNS, the server responds to all subdomain queries (also direct to the IP address). How to make the server respond only to running hostnames?
This is by design. You can add wildcard subdomain to your domain to handle all requests in single directory where you can respond with 404 for example. Open domain overview page and use Add subdomain button then input * (asterisk).

Why does the whole Apache restart after changing the configuration of one site (for example: it changes php to another version, all sites go to 502). How to solve this problem?
Can you explain steps to reproduce more precisely?

If a person wrote the wrong config on Nginx or Apache within one site, all sites do not respond. With this, I had a lot of problems when I inserted the config on Nginx from your site, all sites stopped working due to one hostname.
AFAIK web server must stick with latest working configuration if you made any mistake. Can you provide invalid config example and steps to reproduce?

How to transfer Plesk to a subdomain with port 80> call forwarding> 443?
Can you explain a goal you would like to achieve. Open plesk admin panel on a particular subdomain?

How to get the trial version on the Hosting Pack to install and test everything?
You can use demo server How to access Plesk demo online servers

What kind of config is needed to redirect a site that is on the local network (for example: Plesk Nginx > Zabbix http://10.0.0.10/zabbix/)?
This is not a common case. You can use plesk nginx as reverse proxy to proxying private site. Read this documentation for more info Module ngx_http_proxy_module

@Peter Debik @mrsombre, Thank you for your reply. I have already decided some of the questions. Here is what I want to get in the output:

Plesk.jpg

• @mrsombre (1) First question, it partially fulfills my requirement. I need to do it if there is a * .domain.com entry on the DNS servers and hostname is not running on the server - reject these requests. This is not correct on the part of security. It is strictly forbidden to respond to requests if the hostname is not running. I noticed one more nuance that I didn’t like that you cannot do Forwarding (Web Hosting Type: Forwarding) * .domain.com with an SSL certificate. The same goes for Alias.
  • @Peter Debik (2/3) At the moment, I have solved question 2/3 with your help.
  • @mrsombre (4) Yes, I want to close port: 8443 in NAT and Firewall. I need to be able to access the panel only from a specific subdomain plesk.domain.com.
  • @mrsombre (5) I want to get a trial version on Hosting Pack
  • @mrsombre (6) I have not tried to do this yet.
Thank you again for your help. Sorry for my English, I don't know it well ;).

Yes, I want to close port: 8443 in NAT and Firewall. I need to be able to access the panel only from a specific subdomain plesk.domain.com.
That can be done using plesk on 443 port feature. Execute
Code:
plesk bin admin --enable-access-domain ''
in CLI and can open plesk using any domain pointing to server by DNS record but not exists in subscriptions. Or use
Code:
plesk bin admin --enable-access-domain 'plesk.example.com'
to configure particular domain.

I want to get a trial version on Hosting Pack
Sorry, i can not help solving this problem. You can mail sales team with your question directly.

I need to do it if there is a * .domain.com entry on the DNS servers and hostname is not running on the server - reject these requests.
Unfortunately plesk designed to respond with default page to all non existent domains (including wildcard subdomains) by default. You can change this using web server configuration templates, See /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/nginx.php for reference. But this a bit unusual way. You need to run
Code:
plesk sbin httpdmng --reconfigure-all
to apply and test config templates changes.

Back