• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems with Portainer

Kobra

New Pleskian
Hi there,
I am trying to start the Portainer as a Docker image on a local Docker Portainer. When I come to the corresponding website, the following message is displayed:

Manage the Docker environment where Portainer is running.
Ensure that you have started the Portainer container with the following Docker flag:
-v "/var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock" (Linux).
or
-v \\. \ pipe \ docker_engine: \\. \ pipe \ docker_engine (Windows).

I don't know where and how to pass this flag. I have already tried to transfer a mapping and a variable with it in the settings of the container. Unfortunately there were only mistakes.
Can someone help me with this problem?
The Docker service is local and started.
The BS and Plesk are up to date.
Other images run without problems, but also have more settings included by default.
I thank you in advance.

Warm greetings
cobra

I have no way of specifying the flag as mentioned above.
if I connect anyway, an error message appears that I have not connected to the Docker SOCK

That flag is a volume mapping. I usually run Portainer from SSH. It just seems easier and faster than using the Plesk Docker Extension. Here is the command that I use:
Code:
docker run -d -p 9000:9000 -p 9443:9443 --name portainer --restart always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v /app/portainer/local-certs:/certs -v /app/portainer:/data portainer/portainer-ce --sslcert /certs/portainer.crt --sslkey /certs/portainer.key

I use SSL for my portainer. That is what the local-certs and keys are referring to in my command. If you are using SSL, you'd copy your SSL certificates into the local-certs directory as portainer.crt and portainer.key.

Back