• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems with sending email to freenet.de

H.W.B

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I have problems this sending emails to the freenet.de domain.
All mails goming back with :
inconsistent or no DNS PTR record for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (my ip address) (see RFC 1912 2.1) (in
reply to RCPT TO command)

I have multiple domains on 1 ip address, so i can only enter 1 RDNS per ip address.
Is there a way to solve this??

Henk

The PTR record normally needs to be set in the provider's network, not on your machine. Please check your DNS record on centralops.net. It should contain a line similar to
<your ip address in reverse order>.in-addr.arpa IN PTR <your hostname>

Hello,
The problem is that i have serveral domains in 1 ip address. I only can set 1 Reverse lookup name for 1 ip address, not multiple.
I can set it for 1 domain, but what to do with the other domains on that same ip address??

I think the correct solution is to set outgoing mail to "Send from domain IP addresses". Then only set the PTR record for the host's domain name, because that is the domain that will be used by the SMTP server to mail out your messages. There is no need to set a reverse name resolution for each individual domain. You only have a single mail server on the machine anyway.

plesk01.jpg

Hello,

That is set on the server. Also every domain has a PRT record pointing to the domain.
I have SPF,DMARC,DKIM set but the only thing they check is the reverse DNS lookup.
And that i can set only for 1 domain. Not more.
According to the internet rules, you can not block email only when the reversed DNS is not ok. But Freennet does that.

The only way to send a message is to enter the correct domain name in the reverser dns setting for that ip address.
But then i got only 1 domain that can send emails to freenet.de.

PTR has to resolve to the domain that the MTA is using, in this case Postfix. It does not need to resolve to the sender's domain. If you have a PTR record that is resolving to the domain that your host is using (your mail server, Postfix), it will be sufficient. The problem seems to be that for the domain name that your MTA is sending under the PTR record is missing. This is not the domain name of the sender's domain, but the host computer's domain, normally the one that is configured as the Plesk domain where you login to Plesk (without the port address of course).

Reverse DNS check is not only done by freenet.de, but 1&1 services like web.de, GMX, and Yahoo, AOL and others are doing it, too.

Hello,

I have tested my settings with serveral test sides (MXTOOLBOX, MAIL-TESTER etc.) All give everything ok.
I can send emails to AOL, YAHOO GMX. The only two who only test the reversed DNS and reject the email only on that are freenet.de and web.de. And the rules stated that you can not reject these mail only on the reversed DNS mismatch!!!!

Back