• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved problems with software package - manager ( Ubuntu = apt/aptitude/dpkg )

kobelka

New Pleskian
When I start nginx reverse proxy I get the Error:

Der Start des Dienstes ist nicht möglich: Unable to manage service by nginxmng: ('start', 'nginx'). Error: [2017-04-26 11:12:45] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/nginx_control' '--start'] with exit code [1] Can not start proxy server:

My websites aren't loading anymore.
After I have tried several thing I found this error when I run plesk repair all -n :

Code:
Checking Linux system files[2017-04-26 11:30:10] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/fsmng' '--check-ac' '/var/lib/psa/dumps' '--perms' '0750' '--owner' 'psaadm' '--group' 'psaadm'] with exit code [1]             

fsmng failed: ERROR:Cannot find deb-archive for package plesk-base (17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16)

How can I resolve this ?
Regards
Kobelka

Hi kobelka,

as a standart, NGINX has to be ( initially ) enabled with the command:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng -e

You are able to check the status with:
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/nginxmng -s

fsmng failed: ERROR:Cannot find deb-archive for package plesk-base (17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16)
Pls. make sure, that you added some standart sources - lists, as for example: => #9

I can enable NGINX with your command and I get no error....
(Also did this before)
But when nginx is enabled my websites did not load anymore.

I added the plesk.list to my stadard sources. Did apt-get update

when I do:

apt-get install plesk-base
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
plesk-base is already the newest version (17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
root@lvps:~# plesk repair all -n

Reconfiguring the Plesk installation
Checking the Plesk database using the native database server tools .. [OK]

Checking the structure of the Plesk database ........................ [OK]

Checking the consistency of the Plesk database ...................... [OK]

Checking system users ............................................... [OK]

Checking Linux system files[2017-04-26 13:22:35] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/fsmng' '--check-ac' '/var/lib/psa/dumps' '--perms' '0750' '--owner' 'psaadm' '--group' 'psaadm'] with exit code [1]

Checking virtual hosts' file system

Any ideas ?

P.s. Thank´s for your help!

Hi kobelka,

pls. just repeat your "repair" - command now. It should be sufficient to solve the described issue with the error message:
Checking Linux system files[2017-04-26 11:30:10] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/fsmng' '--check-ac' '/var/lib/psa/dumps' '--perms' '0750' '--owner' 'psaadm' '--group' 'psaadm'] with exit code [1] fsmng failed: ERROR:Cannot find deb-archive for package plesk-base (17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16)

I still get this error when i do plesk repair all -y

Code:
Checking Linux system files[2017-04-26 14:46:32] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/fsmng' '--check-ac' '/var/lib/psa/dumps' '--perms' '0750' '--owner' 'psaadm' '--group' 'psaadm'] with exit code [1]           

my plesk.list

Code:
## Persistent repositories for Plesk Products.                                                                                                                                                                                          
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PSA_17.5.3 xenial extras                                                                                                                                                                        
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PHP56_17 xenial all                                                                                                                                                                              
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PHP71_17 xenial all                                                                                                                                                                              
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/NGINX17 xenial all                                                                                                                                                                              

## Persistent repositories for Plesk Products                                                                                                                                                                                            
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PHP52_17 xenial all                                                                                                                                                                              
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PHP53_17 xenial all                                                                                                                                                                              
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PHP54_17 xenial all                                                                                                                                                                              
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PHP55_17 xenial all                                                                                                                                                                              
deb http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PHP70_17 xenial all

Code:
apt-cache policy plesk-base                                                                                                                                                                                     
plesk-base:                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  Installed: 17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16                                                                                                                                                                                       
  Candidate: 17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16                                                                                                                                                                                       
  Version table:                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
 *** 17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16 100                                                                                                                                                                                           
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Hi kobelka,

as you can see, there is no source stored for the installed package. Pls. consider to RE-install "plesk-base" with for example:

Code:
aptitude reinstall plesk-base

I reinstalled plesk-base and the error message in the repair tool is gone :)
Thank you for that !

But the problem with the apache/nginx server still exsist .

This happends in the Apache error log, when I enable nginx and open one website
I hope someone can help ...

Here is the Log on Pastebin.com, because it is too big...

Hi kobelka,

pls. use "MPM-PREFORK", not "MPM-EVENT", when you use PHP-FPM at your (sub)domain. More possible suggestions and investigations should be done in a SEPARATE thread, as this one is now solved ( => second issue described at the initial post in this thread ).

You should never mix your threads, because other visiting forum users will be confused or/and frustrated, if they find content over search engines with completely different issues, investigations and depending suggestions and work-arounds. ;)

Hi @UFHH01,
thread is marked as solved, but I had a similar problem. You suggested according to my problem to make the additional mirrors few days ago. I did it and later the problem was solved. Yesterday night I read this thread. Perhaps I made a mistake now.
Wanted to make the perfect solution and also reinstalled the plesk-base. (1. attachment)
Now I get the following output by:
~# apt-cache policy plesk-base
plesk-base:
Installed: 17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16
Candidate: 17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16
Version table:
*** 17.5.3-ubuntu16.04.build1705170317.16 500
500 http://autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PSA_17.5.3 xenial/all amd64 Packages
500 Index of /mirror/autoinstall.plesk.com/ubuntu/PSA_17.5.3/ xenial/all amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
N: Ignoring file 'plesk.list.ai_back' in directory '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension

For me it's important to know, is the output okay? Or did I make a mistake?
Because after this last night I ran apt-get update + upgrade and got the message that there are 6 MySQL packages are available for update. (2. attachment)
Example:
mysql-client-core-5.7 (5.7.18-0ubuntu0.16.04.1) over (5.7.17-0ubuntu0.16.04.2)
But my new service providers default-image Plesk 17.5.3/Ubuntu 16.04.2 which I installed on monday was already MySQL 5.7.18.
Seems as if there was a downgrade from 5.7.18 to 5.7.17 yesterday. But I'm not totally sure about it.
So, I made the upgrade as recommended to 5.7.18 as you can see in the attachement.
Has it perhaps to do that I use these additional hosteurope mirrors (my provider is 1and1) and shall better delete them (or one)?

Sorry, won't waste your time by this, Server is running well and better than the whole last month. Only want to do the right thing.

Greets

Attachments

• plesk-base install.txt
    3 KB · Views: 3
  • up+downgrade.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi Dukemaster,

For me it's important to know, is the output okay? Or did I make a mistake?
According to your provided output of your used command "apt-cache policy plesk-base" : All is fine and correct.

Because after this last night I ran apt-get update + upgrade and got the message that there are 6 MySQL packages are available for update. (2. attachment)
Pls. note: The software package "plesk-base" has got nothing to do with additional updates. Pls. don't mix thread subjects. ;)

Back