• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problems with special chars containing domain

radykal

New Pleskian
Hello,

Got a Plesk 11.0.9, and one of my customers has the following setup:

- main domain with 8 alias for it, all working, website under "httpdocs" directory. All OK here.
- new domain containing "ö" special char (hantön.com), under the same subscription with the documentroot under "hanton" directory. This domain has one alias for it called "hanton.es". There is a little problem with these domains.

If u put www.hantön.com in the browser it loads the corresponding translated domain, which is "xn--hantn-mua.com" but it gets to "xn--hantn-mua.com/defaultsite" showing an 404 error not found. But if u try to access through the alias hanton.es u can view the correct website and in the source code of the page all resources with absolute path are pointing to "hantön.com" and are loading OK.

Seems that in any point the domain using the special domain is not getting recognized by apache to get the vhost accordly to the domain... dunno where to start checking.

Hello,

maybe I am wrong, but just a note: even tho you would manage to achieve this, I think (might be wrong or based on old info) that many DNS server would not understand this, meaning that that domain/web would not be accesible to everyone depending on which DNS servers they use.

I personally think that non-standard domain names are a real real bad idea and I would only register them as placeholders for a firm, not to be actually used.

Yeah I agree with that but customer decided to go that way... i just have to make it work, the DNS resolution points correctly to the IP of the servers, is more like Apache is not loading the correct vhost since is pointing to that /defaultsite URL appended to the domain.

Back