• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problems with SSL certificate

lynxcoder

New Pleskian
Hello all,
I have a reasonable, but not extensive server background, but am fairly new to Plesk! We have a new Centos7 server, and through the Plesk front end we have installed a Lets Encrypt free SSL onto the master domain abc.com and a secondary domain abc.co.uk which is redirected to the .com site through a .htaccess 301 redirect.

The certificate appears to have installed correctly, and we can access the site fine on all the machines we can try, but general traffic through the site has dropped by 50% since moving to the new server, and a small number of people have contacted us saying that they are getting certificate errors. From lots of Googling (I have VERY limited experience of SSL certificates) it appears to be a well known and reported issue to do with a Root Certificate expiry last September - which ties in with what we are seeing when we do a Qualys SSL report on the domain. There are two paths, one has three entries and is trusted, one has four entries and is 'Not Trusted'

Screenshot 2022-02-23 at 18.48.53.png

Various forum and web posts seem to explain the problem, but nobody seems to describe how to solve it in Plesk. It may involve delving into the command line, but being new to Plesk and on a live server, I am loathe to wade too much for fear of disrupting the Plesk install. Can any one offer me any suggestions on how we solve this or pointers to where to look? I have had a search through this forum, but nothing seems to come up. I am assuming either entry 4 needs to be removed or updated somehow?

I am somewhat tearing my hair out now (and dont have that much left!!) so any help would be very gratefully received.

Thanks
Richard

Back