1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

procmail fails after plesk auto-upgrade

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by Mary AnnH, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Mary AnnH

Mary AnnH New Pleskian

I'm using procmail (my .qmail file forwards to procmail.) Plesk 11 auto-updated to 11.0.9, and in the process it replaced my .qmail files with the default. I don't want to have to re-configure .qmail after every auto-upgrade, nor can I afford to miss emails for hours until I realize something is wrong.

Is this a bug, or is there a different mechanism I'm supposed to use to invoke procmail (such as having email forwarded to a pipe command in the panel config?)

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Affiliate:
    https://plesk.com/?a_aid=59ae552b0731c
    Really, many of microupdates contains updates for mailsystem and can reset your custom settings during installation of new updates. I can recommend you do not use autoinstallation of microupdates and install them manually after saving your custom settings. After microupdate installation you can easily re-apply your settings.