• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

ProFTPD not working on fresh Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Install :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxunit941

New Pleskian
[FIXED]ProFTPD not working on fresh Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Install :/

Dear Plesk Support,
dear Plesk Community,

I had a HDD crash recently on my Root Server. Replaced HDDs, installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, since Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is not supported by Plesk yet. Anyway...

I had 2 issues:

1) Could not create Customers, because IP Pool was empty. Changed IP Type from Dedicated to Shared. Fixed issue.
2) Cannot connect to the FTP Server using the Login Data from one of my Domains.

FlashFXP and FileZilla both show the same error, which is:

Code:
Response:	220 ProFTPD 1.3.4c Server (ProFTPD) [*ip removed*]
Command:	USER *user removed*
Response:	331 Password required for *user removed*
Command:	PASS **************
Response:	530 Login incorrect.
Error:	Critical error
Error:	Could not connect to server

I tried to "Google" the problem in hope to find a fix, but I am clueless.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Greetings,

Maxunit

Last edited:
Dear Plesk Support,
dear Plesk Community,

I had a HDD crash recently on my Root Server. Replaced HDDs, installed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, since Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is not supported by Plesk yet. Anyway...

I had 2 issues:

1) Could not create Customers, because IP Pool was empty. Changed IP Type from Dedicated to Shared. Fixed issue.
2) Cannot connect to the FTP Server using the Login Data from one of my Domains.

FlashFXP and FileZilla both show the same error, which is:

Code:
Response:	220 ProFTPD 1.3.4c Server (ProFTPD) [*ip removed*]
Command:	USER *user removed*
Response:	331 Password required for *user removed*
Command:	PASS **************
Response:	530 Login incorrect.
Error:	Critical error
Error:	Could not connect to server

I tried to "Google" the problem in hope to find a fix, but I am clueless.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Greetings,

Maxunit

I am so blind...there was a spelling mistake in the username for some reason. I just noticed it, after creating an additional user and being able to connect...god, I was so blind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back