• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Proftpd

Y

yellowplum

I am using Plesk as provided by 1and1 on a root server, but I am having some difficulty with it and 1and1 haven't been able to help me.

We have 2 static IPs with the server 1 which is shared with all the domains we have and 1 which has not been used to date. I have setup a sub domain using Plesk 8.3 and then proceeded to create an anon FTP connection. This works great, however we want to be more restrictive than this.

So how do we create a FTP connection for users on the outside to be able to upload to a specific directory using a username and password, this is not self evident in Plesk.

Create "webusers". This will create a directory under the domain directory called "webusers" and in that subdirectory a directory will be created for each webuser. You can assign a different username and password to each "webuser".

Back