• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Promotional Footers

S

snyhof

SWsoft Releases SiteBuilder 4.0
28th June 2007

"Sitebuilder 4.0 features for service providers include Promotional Footers to add a company name or other promotional material on each customer's published website."

I wanted to talk about the promotional footer. Currently SB footer is nothing more than the next line of text below the customers page content.

I have never seen a web site, custom or not that would have the promotional footer as part of the main content.

Most web sites have the copyright area with the promotional footer just below that, Left, Centered and Right justified. For simplicity, you should add this as Centered justified.

I really think the promotional footer needs to be updated. I like that it is part of the Plan, but I would like to see some examples of what the current usage would look like in the real world.

I add this footer to my custom templates just below the copyright tag.

I agree. Propotional footers should go below the user's Footer Message and should be centered.

I am guessing that it is done the way it is because there are 500 templates built without the footer tag.

Maybe for existing templates we could add the promotional footer code tag to the end of the existing copyright field that would call up our text. We just need to begin our text with a <br>.

Not sure what that would do to the program that inserts it now to the end of the content field. Maybe it would look for this tag and if it exists place it where the developer wants it.

Hello Steve,
Yes, you're right, we already have a lot of templates that don't support natively promotional footers. So promotional footers can contain any html code you want, and site renders them "as is" to avoid breaking changes (additional <br/> in some cases would be very unhandy).
However we have thoughts how this feature should be implemented in next generation of design templates. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Originally posted by Alex Klimov
However we have thoughts how this feature should be implemented in next generation of design templates. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

What are your thoughts on new templates, will you release 100 or so? Will this work side by side with the existing templates?

I am also making templates, these users will also be able to edit as they always have?

Seems to me that the $copyright$ tag could just have a small editor to add the complete footer. User can only add 100 charictors, but admin could append html.

In fact, instead of appending to the $content$ tag, you could just append to the $copyright$ tag.

Hi Steve -

So, did you actually come up with a good workaround for adding a true promotional FOOTER to existing templates?

Thanks.

Darrin

Hi again.

But did you ever try abusing the $copyright$ tag? That would seem like a potential work around.

Thanks.

Sorry, No, I haven't done anything to try and get the standard templates included to do anything extra. I just build my own.

Back