• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Propagation problem: A record

abdlah

New Pleskian
Hello,
I have recently gotten my domain (mist.edu.gh) registered and have completed my dns settings via plesk. Unfortunately I am unable to reach my domain using my domain name. When I do a status check on intodns.com, I get an error that: "Some of your DNS servers do not have A records at all. I could not find any A records for the following DNS servers:
ns.mist.edu.gh
ns1.mist.edu.gh"

This is not right as I have ns.mist.edu.gh. A 208.109.91.*** and ns1.mist.edu.gh. A 208.109.91.*** listed in my dns records. So why am I getting an error!

Thanks in advance.

First make sure to register the name servers with your domain registrar and second change the specific domain name servers that are likely using the registrar name servers and point it to yours. Keep in mind that after registering the new name servers it can take some time (24-48hrs) for the changes to replicate.

Hi abdlah,

what changes did you on PLESK DNS Services? I've recently checked your domain and I can confirm, that your domain has been successfully registered.
As far as you use the ns.mist.edu.gh with the same IP (webserver + DNS Server are the same server) you have to complete your domain.

Your plesk is answering to my dns request which I've done via nslookup.

Please be sure, that the change needs to be evaluated to the internet which is set on 1 hour. So lately after one hour all services should display the correct information.

Let me know, if it isn't working at all.

Kind regards
Henning

Back