• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Protect subdomain | email

Valentino

New Pleskian
Hi community,

first I have to thank for this community. It's a great place to get help and informations here and already helped me to get on with Plesk.

Maybe it's a simple thing, that I want to do and I only did not find the right way.
Using Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 on a Linux (Ubuntu 18.04) Root. There are two things, that would be nice to have for me.

1. I'm running an application, which works fine at port xxxx with SSL and as a subdomain, which is defined via Apache as Reverse Proxy. I'd like to protect it more, that a login will be required to reach the applications login site.

2.I configured the mailserver with Dovecot and Roundcube which works perfect for mails to/from my domains. Is it possible to handle other mail accounts (e.g. pop.xxx.tld) within so that my server is acting as a central incoming point of all mails?

Thank you in advance for your feedback and best regards from Germany.
Vale

1. If you use apache, this should be possible with .htaccess in the application's directory.
2. Roundcube is basically an imap client running in the browser. Even if you have it connect to other servers, that's not what I'd define as "incoming point", as the mail would still be on those other servers.

Back