• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Protected URLs Not Working

A

AUser

I am running Plesk 7.5.6 Reloaded for Windows. When I designate a url to be password protected, it is not being protected.

This had been working, but for some reason, it has stopped.

I don't know if this makes any difference, but originally, my server was configured with one static IP address that was shared for multiple domains. Under that scenario, the Protected URL was indeed being protected. Since adding two additional static IPs to my server (one shared and one exclusive), I've had this issue. So, currently I have:
1 shared IP with no domains attached to it (the original one)
1 shared IP with several domains attached to it
1 exclusive IP with no domains attached to it

How do I resolve this issue?

I've used the reconfigurator, no success.

Followed the NetFusionX link, and it said:
The best way to create a password protected directory is from Plesk COntrol panel itself.
Login to control panel >> Domain >> Directories
here you can add password protected directories for the domain.
They will work only if yo have a index.xxx page under it.If it is not present they ill not work and will keep asking fpr password.

That's not my issue, either. I had been creating them through the Plesk Control Panel, there is an Index page, and I'm not getting prompted at all for a user name and password. It's as though the page is unprotected completely.

I'm having the same problem. IT says the directory is protected but it's not.

Any fix for this yet?

Yep this issue is happening to us under PLESK for windows 7.5.6 Windows server 2003. ANy one got any idea's?

Yes we have already installed plesk7.5.6_update060209.17

However, the protected directories are still not being protected as stated in plesk.

Please try this one

websrvmng --update-all-server-id

and then restart IIS. Reopen web-browser and try to browse a protected folder.

Well, that worked for a while, now it appears the problem is back, and the above mention suggestion no longer works. Anyone have any other idea's?

I had this problem 2 times i dont know why, now it is working today it is not.

I fix this using:

"%plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe" --update-all-server-id
Restart Plesk Management Service (plesksrv) and iis

Back