• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question proxy_error_log in Server Largest files list but not in domains log file list

themamil

New Pleskian
Hi there. I'm a little (well a lot) confused and could really do with some guidance please.

A while back we ran out of disk space and we configured log rotation to ensure this didn't happen again as we had some pretty huge log files.
However, if I now look at my server's biggest files I have the following:
proxy_error_log/var/www/vhosts/system/surrey-arg.org.uk/logs/proxy_error_log14.0 GB15/02/2022, 02:59
proxy_error_log/var/www/vhosts/surrey-arg.org.uk/logs/proxy_error_log14.0 GB15/02/2022, 02:59

However, If I go to the domains log files listings there's no entry for proxy_error_log but there are 4 smaller files logs/proxy_error_log.1.gz, logs/proxy_error_log.2.gz, logs/proxy_error_log.3.gz and logs/proxy_error_log.4.gz which I assume are the log rotatetd files as they are all under 100kb which is the lof rotation limit I set.

So I am wondering why the proxy_error_log file isn't showing in the domains log files listing but is on the server largest files list?

Also, are there actually 2 files of 14GB each? Is it possible to delete them?
I'm so technically inept that I also can't use SSH because for some reason I have absolutely no idea what the password is to log in using SSH even though I can happily log in to Plex.... So I cannot restart any service if I do foreably delete the log files - unless there's another way to restart a service from within Plesk?

Thanks so much for any advice.
Rupert

I'm so technically inept that I also can't use SSH because for some reason I have absolutely no idea what the password is to log in using SSH even though I can happily log in to Plex.... So I cannot restart any service if I do foreably delete the log files - unless there's another way to restart a service from within Plesk?
I would suggest you contact Plesk Support Team in this case. They will check and fix the issue directly on your server.

I would suggest you contact Plesk Support Team in this case. They will check and fix the issue directly on your server.
Thanks. I currently get my hosting through 123-Reg / Webfusion in the UK. Would Plesk still support me directly or would they direct me to 123-Reg since I have already been on to them and they won't do that?
Thanks a lot,
Rupert

Back