• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSA Backup Problem -FreeBSD-

T

ThE-KinG

Hello friends,

I have a problem with PSA backup. When I start to backup with web or shell it gives this error:

Code:
An error occured during backup process:

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-freebsd /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/5.8.6 /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5 . /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-freebsd /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl) at (eval 64) line 3.
Perhaps the DBD::mysql perl module hasn't been fully installed,
or perhaps the capitalisation of 'mysql' isn't right.
Available drivers: DBM, ExampleP, File, Proxy, Sponge.
 at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/DB.pm line 38

I fixed this with:

# fetch ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/R/RU/RUDY/DBD-mysql-2.9008.tar.gz
# gzip -cd DBD-mysql-1.2216.tar.gz | tar xf -
# perl Makefile.PL
# make
# make install

The result is success.

Code:
Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so
Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bs
Files found in blib/arch: installing files in blib/lib into architecture dependent library tree
Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/Mysql.pm
Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/DBD/mysql.pm
Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/DBD/mysql/GetInfo.pm
Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/DBD/mysql/INSTALL.pod
Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/Mysql/Statement.pm
Installing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/Bundle/DBD/mysql.pm
Installing /usr/share/man/man3/DBD::mysql.3
Installing /usr/share/man/man3/DBD::mysql::INSTALL.3
Installing /usr/share/man/man3/Mysql.3
Installing /usr/share/man/man3/Bundle::DBD::mysql.3
Writing /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/auto/DBD/mysql/.packlist
Appending installation info to /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i386-freebsd/perllocal.pod

But now it gives this error below:

Code:
An error occured during backup process:

DBI connect('host=localhost;database=psa;mysql_socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock','admin',...) failed: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client at /usr/local/psa/lib/perl5/BU/DB.pm line 38

Unable to connect to mysql

Please help me for fix this problem.

Many many thanks.

The MySQL Clien the perl module was built with doesn't match the version of MySQL Server you're running.

My guess is you've got a new MySQL Client (and libs) installed on your server and this is what DBI used to build it's connectors with.

The way to see what version of mysql your running on psa is just telnet to port 3306 on your server. You'll get some garbage back, but you'll have a Version number in there. Download the appropriate versions, clean off the 'newer' ones on your box and reinstall, then rebuild the pm.

There may be an easier way though.

voodoochile many thanks for your reply. But I haven't got enough information how do I fix this. So could you please help me with the details or commands?

Mysql version is 4.1.9
Plesk 7.5.3
FreeBSD 5.3

Thank you again.

Back