• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PSA keeps falling over - HELP!

pould

Basic Pleskian
I have a new VPS running Plesk 11 (on Ubuntu) and PSA keeps falling over. Looking at the error log at /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log I see the following message.

PleskUtilException: /opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng '--status' failed with message: dnsmng: Unable to open file "/var/lock/files/26d9d96d428d491b87bd77bbeae57bcf": No such file or directory.
System error 2: No such file or directory
dnsmng: Error occurred while locking the file /var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf

System error 2: No such file or directory
file: /opt/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3
line: 1071
code: 0
trace: #0 /opt/psa/admin/plib/class.ServiceControl.php(304): util_exec('dnsmng', Array, Array, 'lst')
#1 /opt/psa/admin/plib/class.ServiceControl.php(557): ServiceControl->getServiceStatus('dns')
#2 /opt/psa/admin/plib/class.RestartServForm.php(131): ServiceControl->isNamedRunning()
#3 /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/server/restart_services.php(33): RestartServForm->assign(Object(ServiceControl))
#4 {main}

2012-11-21 09:26:38: (log.c.166) server started
2012-11-21 09:28:11: (log.c.166) server started

Obviously the last two are triggered by my running "service psa start" from the # prompt.

Any ideas what's happening? Anywhere I can look to find the solution? I know how to look around Linux but am not a great expert so be gentle!

At the moment I'm trying to manage this with a cron job that runs " service psa start" every 10 mins, but it's not a solution!

Thanks for any help.

Make sure that you have correct permissions for /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper and /var/lock/files/

# ls -ld /var/lock/files/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 22 12:53 /var/lock/files/

# ls -la /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper
---s--x--- 1 root psaadm 14372 Jun 15 10:31 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper

Igor,

That is brilliant - thanks so much. I'll make those changes and see if it has an effect (and let you know).

OK - made sure those were the correct permissions but still have the same problem. Where else do you suggest looking?

What sort of output of following commands:

# /opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --status
# /opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --restart
# ls -la /var/lock/files/

Hi Igor,

It appears to be more stable now, but the answer to your questions are:

/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --status

-bash: /opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmsg: No such file or directory

/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --restart

-bash: /opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmsg: No such file or directory

(Which I guess makes sense given the above)

ls -la /var/lock/files/

total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Nov 22 23:52 .
drwxrwxrwt 4 root root 4096 Nov 22 23:52 ..

Usually Plesk files located in /opt/psa on Debian-like OSes and in /usr/local/psa on Red-Hat-like OSes.

OK - ran the right commands this time.

/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --status returns "is running"

/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng --restart returns nothing

Perhaps it can be issue from Virtuozzo side. I suggest you contact Support Team. They will check it directly on your server.

Back