• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Psaadm and Psacln privileges

yooug

New Pleskian
Hello!

I'm trying to set permission for text file which is exists in Program Files (x86)\MyFile directory.
File should be accessible by psaadm and not accessible for psacln accounts. I've set permissions for psaadm Full Control Allow and for psacln Full Control Deny.

In my PHP script I'm checking file using is_readable function and no matter which user trying to read this file function always returns true (admin or customer account). I tried to find solution in Web but without success so I'd like to ask you about it.

Additionally, I've tried to create Plesk DiskSecurity XML with privileges settings. After Apply this settings privileges are correctly set for my file, but customers still can read this file.

Is there any other way to deny access to this file for customers and resellers?

I hope for your help.

Hi,

It will sound a bit wierd, but have a tried creating a user and assigning this user to psaadm group, so the user gets the previleges of this this group and may be you can try having assign this user to the file and check. Give it a try.

Hello,

sorry for long response time. I've returned to solve my problem. Currently my file permissions are set:
Administrators (group): allow full access
psaadm: allow read/write
psacln(group): deny full access
Users(group): allow read/write

With this settings my plesk administrator and created customers has access to the file.
While I disable access for psaadm or Users group nobody who are logged in Plesk panel do not have access to the file.

Back