• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Psaadm File Security issues

Vince Puruczky

New Pleskian
Hello All,

First post to plesk forums here.

I have a few PHP DB websites hosted on my VPS and have been working perfectly for many years. I had to migrate to a new server a few months ago and it had a newer OS and upgraded Plesk version.

Now I'm just realizing that I can no longer download files via FTP due to any new files saved to my httpdocs/files folder have this new psaadm user and the default permissions is set to read only (causing FTP downloads of these documents to fail).

I thought there would be no real issues, Remoted into the server and added the user Psaadm with full permission to the folder where most of these files reside and all files within the folder inherited the same privileges.- Thought it was fixed but not quite.
Now I just realized that any new files added to that folder do not inherit the same full privileges.

Can anyone tell me the purpose for Psaadm and possibly how to grant full privileges to any new files going into a folder?

Thanks in advance.
Vince

Back