• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

psadump taking 12 hours+ to complete

G

graeme

Hi all,

anyone have any idea why psadump would take 12 hours+ to run. We also run manual backups on the same data, and they are generated in about 20 - 30 mins. psadump seems to be taking an age for some reason.

Thanks!

Graeme

Does it actually complete? How much data are we talking about here?

Mine takes about 41 minutes for a 6 GB compressed backupfile.
If I don't use --nostop --nostop-domain it takes 58min, because the stopping and starting of each domain takes a lot of time. (especially if you have a lot of domains). --do-not-dump-logs can also save a lot of time if you don't need them every time.
If I disable compressing, I can save some minutes too (but not diskspace)
If I do the backupt to a FTP or by SSH it takes also some few minutes more, so I do the backup local (which is the fastest) and copy it later by rsync.
I think the speed depends on so many factors like which CPU is used, filesystem on server (ext3 ?), how bussy is the server and do you backup to a slow FTP ?

I suggest runing the backup command in shell or look into the /tmp/psa-backup.log to see where he looses so much time.

Regards,
Bart

Back