1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Public key access via SSH terminal

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by coolcap, Jul 12, 2011.

1. coolcap

coolcap Basic Pleskian

23%
    One of our client has request for SSH access on a shared server, but he want to set the authentication type as public key. I have uploaded his public key under /private/.ssh/authentication_key file, but its still not working. I have also tried to upload it via plesk control panel.

Does any one has any suggestion on it.

Regards,
    Austin

2. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

you would need to upload it to the users home directory - for example if its userA you would move it to

/home/userA/.ssh

make sure its set to rw- for the user, and nothing for anyone else ( 0500) - for the file and the .ssh directory

You would also need to enable key auth in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file and restart the sshd service afterwards.