• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Publishing problem - http connection error

M

maxhog

Hi, I am using the site builder through domain.com, I have no options on my publish page. I am getting the error message:

The site cannot be published to the specified location.
Cannot publish site because the publishing location status is 'Error'.
Details:
There is either a problem with connecting to the HTTP server specified in the web site URL, or the web site URL does not correspond to the specified publishing location
Requested URL: http://skiostash.com/Testf2fcbe6c-2...est.html?56fa5c00-4e47-4c52-a88d-9e936163364b
HTTP response code: 404.

Help, What can I do

On another note, This forum "template" is much nicer than the one available through the site builder. You should use this one.

Hello,
I implemented all the SiteBuilder in my company, and this error occurs when the ApplicationPool IIS is not 32bits, when the directory to be published not have write permission to the User that runs the site in IIS, or when publishing data Site stamen incorrect. Please check these data and attempt to make the publication.

Att Michael Stumpf
Web Developer. Net

The error 404 indicates that there is a problem with DNS of your domain.

Make sure that DNS is pointing to the correct server.

Hello,

I have the same problem. I've verified the App Pools is 32 bits. I have a doubt about the User that use the site in IIS, where can I see that user? What else must I do to solve this problem?

Thanks

Hello Andrake,

The user is network service, if you change it the sitebuilder will not work correctly.

But the user in publishing server you can change to another.

You can see the user on IIS Management Console

Hello Guilherme,

Thanks for your answer. The user 'Network Service' already have the write permissions, but I can't publish the site from the Suitebuilder yet. What else could be the cause of my problem?.

Another question, I have my database and my system running on Windows. Is it possible to migrate all this to a Linux system based?

Greetings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrake,

What exactly error message? The user have permissions of modify on all folders of site in publishing server?
For example, site test.com have the subfolder wwwroot, logs, db and wwwroot have another subfolders...
The user that runs Sitebuilder need permissions of modify in test.com folder too.

I don't know how Sitebuilder works in Linux, but if it run with SQL Server I believe that be possible to migrate the servers.

Hello Guilherme,

The error that appears when I try to verify location in publishing settings:

Details:
There is either a problem with connecting to the HTTP server specified in the web site URL, or the web site URL does not correspond to the specified publishing location
Requested URL: http://www.yogasanjoins.com/Test64b...est.html?5e51373b-2024-4529-a2d8-ca94f2bb4c57
HTTP response code: 404

So, if I try to publish the site, the Sitebuilder shows me the same error message. I've verified every folder in the site have the same permissions.

I don't jnow what's happening, because I had the site in other server and on that server works perfectly, I've checked the sonfiguration between both servers and I can't find the problem.

Andrake,

The publishing server have the ip 65.99.205.78? If not, put the correct IP in the hosts of windows and try again.

Guilherme,

The site yogasanjoins.com have the IP address 65.99.205.78, but that site is redirected to www.yogasanjoins.com, and have the IP address 66.132.222.242. I've mede the change in the DNS registry but it doesn't work. If I change again to the other server 66.132.220.180, the site will work without problem, but I need that the site work in the new server (66.132.222.242) because I'm migrating the server.

Andrake,

What's the ping results in Sitebuilder Server to www.yogasanjoins.com and yogasanjoins.com?
What URL you're putting in publishing screen?
If you have the yogasanjoins.com in URL you have to redirect this appointment to IP 66.132.22.242...

Back