• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Purchased New IP, Assigned Site to IP, Won't Parse PHP

DavidRA

New Pleskian
This problem is actually with Plesk 10.4.4, but I can't find a Plesk 10 category on here. What I am trying to do is simple and have done this many times before. I have done the following:

1. Purchased an IP via OVH
  2. Added to Plesk
  3. Created a subscription
  4. Made this site the default for the new IP
  5. Uploaded a WordPress site and database
  6. Tested site by navigating to the new IP

However, the site will not parse PHP and simply downloads the index.php file. I have created the site against the default IP (it works) and then assigned it to the new IP and then it fails. I have moved an existing site (that works and uses PHP) and moved it to the new IP, and it also has the same problem - I then moved it back to the original IP and the problem carried over. No other site are affected, though, only sites that I set up against the new IP.

I cannot figure this out. There are no overriding php.ini files in vhosts\domain\etc. The only thing I noticed when I uploaded the site to by default IP was that there was a php.ini file in the root. The site did work on the original IP, though - it only failed when I assigned it to the new IP.

If anyone could shed any light on this I would very much appreciate it - I am going crazy trying to work this one out.

Back